Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Wifi

Wifi

Postby pete » Mon May 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi

I'm just wondering what the best wifi is in Quesada. We currently use Telecable but it's not particularly fast. The house is on Avd de las Naciones near Calle Picasso so if anyone knows of fast internet available round there please let me know.

Cheers

Pete
pete

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Wifi

Postby Rosslev21 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:24 am

Pete

I have just had WiFi installed in a new house not far from you. I used Meganet Plus who have a shop near the Gama. They are Russian owned but all speak good English. They came when they said and they were very efficient with the installation of the dish and router. They said I would get 50MB and that's what I have on the speed tests. I am paying 30€ a month for this and the beauty is I can start and stop when I like so not paying for when I am not in Spain.

They are installing Fibre in a lot of areas at the moment which will give 200MB for the same monthly price and they will switch you over at no extra cost. The initial installation was 500€ which is not cheap but compared to the service and actual speeds I have experienced over the last 10 years this was worth it.
Rosslev21

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa Quesada

Postby camionpilot » Tue May 08, 2018 6:35 am

That's a lot of cash , when did you have this done , most of the communities around dona pepa where wired up by them and telfy up to your property at no cost to yourself , they then canvased people if they wanted the service .

We had it and have'nt looked back , they have had a few problems recently as they are upgrading the service and adding more UK regional tv , the dragon is very happy now ....!!! ;)
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby pete » Tue May 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Thanks for that. I'll check them out.
pete

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Rosslev21 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:06 am

Camionpilot

You are correct it is a lot of cash. However this was a new build so no cabling for Fibre but due within the next few months (probably Spanish few months). The cost was for the installation of the dish and running the cables to the communications room through the tubes set into the build,which wasn't easy as the builders had neglected to show me the route the tubes were taking. this meant no unsightly cables running on the outside of the building. The router was then installed and setup and they connected internally the router to 6 hard wired points within the house. all in all it was a days work for two men and they didn't stop for Almuerzo or lunch.

At the end of the day the acid test is the speed and reliability and I have yet to experience a problem or a loss of speed. Being able to stop & start the service as and when required is also a money saver. I did shop around but couldn't find anyone who could offer the download speed I required of a minimum of 50 MB in this area. My previous supplier Europa Networks wouldn't touch this location but they were always expensive for an average service anyway.

This work was done in March this year. and I am hoping to switch to the Fibre by the end of the summer. we shall see!
Rosslev21

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa Quesada