Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Health Insurance for moving to Spain

Health Insurance for moving to Spain

Postby JillP » Wed May 09, 2018 1:55 am

We’re planning on moving to Spain shortly, so now need some Health Insurance. My husband had heart bypass surgery three years ago, and we’re wondering if anyone can recommend an Insurance Company (Uk or Spanish) that will cover us with pre-existing conditions, without charging the earth please?
JillP

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Health Insurance for moving to Spain

Postby El Tel » Wed May 09, 2018 5:07 pm

You do know that if you or your husband are over retirement age you should be able to get on the Spanish system with an S1 form from DWP.
El Tel

Postby JillP » Wed May 09, 2018 7:27 pm

Unfortunately we 57 & 59 .. bad news for getting health cover, but good news for being able to quit the Rat Race! Thank you El Tel for the reply - I should have thought to say we were early retirees.
JillP

Postby Paulr » Wed May 09, 2018 9:52 pm

My wife and I are the same age as you guys. We have PHI with ASSSA - Standard cover for both of us is Eu 1700 and we have no pre-existing conditions, but we don't have to make any co-payments.

I think you'll have to contact a number of companies for quotes. Insurance brokers in Spain appear to represent one company, rather than going out to the whole market, so you may have to do some of the leg work yourself. Jennifer Cunningham Insurance in Benijofar (tel: 966 713 983) would be able to give you a quote for ASSSA.

Hopefully, others on the forum will be able to suggest alternative companies.

Good luck!
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby benijofarmike » Thu May 10, 2018 4:54 am

ASSSA have their own office in Quesada staffed by very helpful people ....
Harmony FM
Costa Blanca South 96.7FM
The Music YOU Like Best!
https://harmony-fm.com
[email protected]
Like our Facebook page for the latest news in Spain: Harmony FM Spain
benijofarmike

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby GA Insurances » Thu May 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Dear JillP,

As someone said before, you would entitle to spanish national healthcare if state pensioners and applying for the S1 form at Newcastle. Further info you can see here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-in-spain#healthcare

Another option could be to buy into the spanish health system, so called 'convenio especial' after one year residency in Spain (green card), you can see further here http://healthcareinspain.eu/living-in-spain/

Public healthcare does not apply restrictions on pre-existing conditions while private health companies registered in Spain do.

We are an Expat insurance agency and work with SALUS, one of the specialized health ins providers in Spain and can help you with a quote and full identification of benefits, limitations and medical directory. if you would like to.

Kind regards,

Alfonso - Gran Alacant Insurances
Gran Alacant Insurances
Tel. (0034) 966 390 830 - Mobile (0034) 637 307 930
Email: [email protected]
GA Insurances

Which part of Spain are you from?: Santa Pola

Postby nigieboy » Fri May 11, 2018 6:36 pm

I thought you needed private healthcare to apply for residencia if you are under retirement age. I am also advised currently thete is a 3 month wait residencia applications appointments...
nigieboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby valenciasman » Fri May 11, 2018 7:24 pm

When I did my residencia I went to town hall and got an appointment for following week for interview. Went back next week to get the card. No problem. Had to pay tax and 10 euros to get forms checked by solicitor. All straight forward.
valenciasman

Which part of Spain are you from?: villamartin

Postby swcoulthurst » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:24 am

We have just done our residencia. Yes you do need private healthcare and a full 12 months policy paid up and no costs payments. Not a monthly payment as they work on the principle you could cancel the direct debit. We are with ASSSA. Very helpful but watch out for the pre existing clauses.
swcoulthurst

Which part of Spain are you from?: Mutxamel