Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Villa Martin bad luck or not !

Re: Villa Martin bad luck or not !

Postby Floydy » Fri May 11, 2018 8:40 am

TonTri wrote:The thing that worries me in Spain, particularly when we go to sleep, is that there is only one way in and one way out - the front door, well there are patio doors but they are next to the front door and lead to a balcony. What happens if there is a fire???? The windows all have fixed grills and we lock the doors and security grills and put down the persianas but we do leave the keys on the inside of the front door just to allow a quick escape if needed. As frightening as a burglary may be (and fortunately we've never had to endure one) it can't be more frightening than being confronted by a wall of fire blocking your only escape. At least a burglary is only possessions, fire could mean your life.

Sorry I strayed off topic, no disrespect meant to the OP or the people who were burgled. Just ignore.

Hi....we also thought about this......some have told us they have a car jack handy and others have said they have a sledgehammer stored inside.

It does seem odd that most villas only have one exit.
Floydy

Which part of Spain are you from?: UK

Postby TonTri » Fri May 11, 2018 8:51 am

Floydy wrote:Hi....we also thought about this......some have told us they have a car jack handy and others have said they have a sledgehammer stored inside.

It does seem odd that most villas only have one exit.

I've always thought it odd and it's compounded by the fact that all the windows are barred, at least in the UK we can escape out of an upstairs window.

We do have a fire extinguisher at the end of the bedroom corridor in our apartment and a smoke alarm but I think if we lived there full time I would have the bedroom window converted to a french door or at least have an unlockable grill on the bedroom window with the key on a handy hook (out of sight of the window of course). It's difficult to get a happy medium between securing the place like Fort Knox and being able to make a quick escape
:?
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby valenciasman » Fri May 11, 2018 8:55 am

One big difference between UK and Spain is the UK do not have men(usually) travelling around the area looking into bins for rubbish. They certainly see whats going on.
valenciasman

Which part of Spain are you from?: villamartin

Postby Chrisdee » Fri May 11, 2018 4:49 pm

My friend who lives in a lovely village in Sussex realised today when he went to hitch up his trailer onto his Range Rover that some scumbag had been and taken off the complete hitching unit and tow bar. Not a soul saw or heard a thing. You can't have anything nice, some lowlife will always want to take it.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri May 11, 2018 4:50 pm

when I,m in the uk I never walk pass a skip without looking in,always have in the past 45years.........the morrocan bin dippers are the ultimate recycler's ;) :)
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Paulr » Wed May 16, 2018 11:10 pm

Floydy wrote:Manuel married to the lady from Liverpool,they are estate agents in Quesada,they take part in Channel 4 show about Brits buying property in Spain....Manuel has become a bit of a hit in the UK,if you ever watch the prog,you will see why.

I think you mean "Casas Manuel" estate agents in Benijofar, not Quesada.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Scipio » Thu May 17, 2018 3:51 am

Make your house looks less attractive to burgle than your neighbours and your neighbours house will get robbed before yours.
Harsh but true .
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu May 17, 2018 6:53 am

I would have thought an unkempt house outside dirty patio etc overgrown garden would have meant empty ,so lets break in and have a look without disturbance,
then on the other hand ,nice tidy house outside someone in might be good pickings,lets have a look and take a chance that theres no one in.
you cant win ,with these burglars if they are gonna rob you that's what they are going to do,they,ve cased the joint they know !
it up to us to make it as hard as possible for them .
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Previous