Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Advice on areas

Advice on areas

Postby Sylvc » Sat May 12, 2018 7:52 am

hi
We are coming over in June to buy a place in either El Raso or Quesada.
I have problems with my hips so can't manage steep hills. We love Quesada and have visited over many years and I know it is a hilly area. Are there any areas to but which would be easier to navigate on foot still within reach of shops and restaurants bars?
I would appreciate any advice.
Sylvc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Re: Advice on areas

Postby Graham_Lynn » Sat May 12, 2018 8:03 am

El Raso is flat and has a commercial centre at the start of the urbanisation, with bars restaurants pharmacy chino and a small supermarket. A new CC is being built for the new builds towards the lake. Also within walking distance to the Sunday market
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Jan » Sat May 12, 2018 8:38 am

Sylvc wrote:hi
We are coming over in June to buy a place in either El Raso or Quesada.
I have problems with my hips so can't manage steep hills. We love Quesada and have visited over many years and I know it is a hilly area. Are there any areas to but which would be easier to navigate on foot still within reach of shops and restaurants bars?
I would appreciate any advice.

Much of Dona Pepa is flat. The areas near Consum supermarket commercial area and down towatds the lake and the Hotel area are flat. The main road from the hotel up to the Gama commercial /Coopers bar area is really the only long gradual incline in Dona Pepa but there are other routes to this area that are flat depending where you live.
If you look at this map (see link below and description) it shows all the Dona Pepa area commercial centres.
In Quesada itself the real hilly areas are what I call upper Quesada and then there's the Marquessa golf course area which is hilly.

maps-of-quesada-and-surrounding-areas-f94/maps-of-quesada-and-rojales-description-updated-2017-t1960.html

Hope this helps.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Advice on areas

Postby Sylvc » Sat May 12, 2018 2:06 pm

Thanks for this helpful advice. We already know the El Raso area and I have been looking online at properties there. I will now take a look at the Dona Pepa area too. Hopefully we can find somewhere when we are over in June.
Thanks again and I am finding the posts on this forum helpful and interesting
Sylvc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat May 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Rojales village is mainly flat, plenty shops ,banks,health center,pretty good pavements ,not a lot of litter and un emptied bins,village feel, plenty parking at supermarkets,also has a bus route,only 10mins from Quesada in a car
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/