Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Community Pool or Community over sized LOO !!!

Re: Community Pool or Community over sized LOO !!!

Postby TonTri » Thu May 17, 2018 10:30 pm

I think Marcliff summed up the reason why communities don't have toilet facilities when he said it was a question of cost. The community would need to pay someone to clean and restock the toilet at least once a day otherwise it would quickly get unusable. If you add that up over the course of 8 or 9 months that the pool is open that would come to a fair whack on everyone's fees. Especially in a small community of 56 apartments like ours where only about 1/4 are residents, the rest use them during the holidays. I think most people would rather pack everything up and go home for 10 minutes to do their business than endure a smelly, uncleaned toilet by the pool.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Scipio » Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 pm

I don't know of a community pool that has a toilet.
I wouldn't want to be a resident in sniffing distance that's for sure.
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Thu May 17, 2018 11:37 pm

Well, yes, maybe I did labour the cost bit a much. It was more the hygiene I was thinking about. Keeping it clean, restocking loo rolls, unblocking it.
And how many communal pools have the area to put one in? It would either be next to the pool or someone's house and would end up, like they all do, smelly and not very nice.
As yourself why the water parks don't build their loos next to a pool but put them quite a distance away.
And then ask yourself why some public loos get in the state they do (ever been to the Carrefour ones?).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby TerryG » Fri May 18, 2018 6:53 am

Silly idea. !!
TerryG

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri May 18, 2018 6:57 am

our pool has toilets , the lifeguard on duty cleans them before his shift,and the next one on duty does the same,i know because I,ve watched them.pool is only open beginning of june to end September,and its a communal pool,residents have a free pass,non residents visitors/renters pay a nominal €1 per visit.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Scipio » Fri May 18, 2018 7:27 am

Really?
Where's that?
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby burnie day » Fri May 18, 2018 7:28 am

Ok, I think I understand your points,

You would rather swim in a pool full of pee pee than risk the cost of a loo installed by your community pool,

The reasons offered really do not in my opinion justify not have one - being Blocked or vandalized, having to supply loo roll etc is quite laughable, but the reason for having are quit obvious.

Also, I would just like to add this to the mix,,, ( might be a bit out of date )

https://www.webmd.com/men/features/swim ... ew-highs#1

So lets times that by, I think someone said 54 apartments or another said 180 house holds !!!

Its just getting worse !!!

So my next question would be - How to solve the problem of not having to swim in a bowl full of Pee Pee, and overcome the problems of cleaning loo's and preventing vandalism.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

You have a key to the pool area, so why not have a key to the ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and pay a little extra for a ,,,,,,,,,, to clean the loo.
burnie day

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby mondo » Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 am

There are billions of fish in the sea, there are millions of whales and billions of tons of shellfish..

Presumably they all pee...and poo...

Not to mention dead bodies of whales, fish, people all decomposing... and of course, petrochemicals and other pollution..

should no one go in the sea?... I have not see millions of people dropping dead because they have been swimming in the sea..

Chill...
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Bill » Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 am

Marcliff what do you mean "Invadad" i hope you are not talking about people like me that have worked and still working all my life and have Bought my house outright, but only visit for my holidays.
Bill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa

Postby TonTri » Fri May 18, 2018 9:44 am

burnie day wrote:Ok, I think I understand your points,

You would rather swim in a pool full of pee pee than risk the cost of a loo installed by your community pool,

The reasons offered really do not in my opinion justify not have one - being Blocked or vandalized, having to supply loo roll etc is quite laughable, but the reason for having are quit obvious.

Also, I would just like to add this to the mix,,, ( might be a bit out of date )

https://www.webmd.com/men/features/swim ... ew-highs#1

So lets times that by, I think someone said 54 apartments or another said 180 house holds !!!

Its just getting worse !!!

So my next question would be - How to solve the problem of not having to swim in a bowl full of Pee Pee, and overcome the problems of cleaning loo's and preventing vandalism.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

You have a key to the pool area, so why not have a key to the ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and pay a little extra for a ,,,,,,,,,, to clean the loo.

I understand what you are saying but in the majority of communities it just wouldnt be viable. Many like ours are quite small and even in the peak of summer you rarely find more than a handful of people in the pool at any one time. Additionally in my experience most people go down to the pool for an hour or two and spend the rest of the day out and about or down the beach. On the odd occasion you might need the loo desperately during that time, it would be lovely to have a nice, clean loo onsite but it wouldnt get the use to make it worth the cost.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext