Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Community Pool or Community over sized LOO !!!

Re: Community Pool or Community over sized LOO !!!

Postby marcliff » Fri May 18, 2018 9:46 am

Bill wrote:Marcliff what do you mean "Invadad" i hope you are not talking about people like me that have worked and still working all my life and have Bought my house outright, but only visit for my holidays.

No, Bill, not at all. I did it for many years (2002 until 2010 when I moved over permanent). It's more the ones who advertise their 2 bed apartments as "sleeps 10" that concerns me.
And people who have their own property and allow family or friends to use it are no problem either as those with a stake in the community tend to respect the area far better.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Spiritsmum » Fri May 18, 2018 11:25 am

there is no law in Spain that says communities have to have a toilet and quite honestly I imagine it would be in a bad state during the summer if there was one. I know that some people have a walk to the toilet but they must have realised this when they bought or rented their properties.

We end up picking up after a lot of tourists as we live here year round and I would NOT want to be the one responsible for cleaning a public toilet.

It is just one of the things that we have to take into account on a community.
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby TerryG » Fri May 18, 2018 11:35 am

Spiritsmum wrote:there is no law in Spain that says communities have to have a toilet and quite honestly I imagine it would be in a bad state during the summer if there was one. I know that some people have a walk to the toilet but they must have realised this when they bought or rented their properties.

We end up picking up after a lot of tourists as we live here year round and I would NOT want to be the one responsible for cleaning a public toilet.

It is just one of the things that we have to take into account on a community.

Exactly...!!! :text-goodpost:
TerryG

Postby Jordy » Fri May 18, 2018 12:22 pm

burnie day wrote:
Jordy wrote:Not quite sure what your point is here. Are you seeking approval to pee in the pool or complaining
that others do?

Hi Jordy,

Why are you not quite sure?

I thought it was quit obvious what my post is about and questioning, Although I do thank you for your comment and the unfortunate misinterpretation of the original post. I appreciate the time you have taken and your input.

Kind regards

Burnie

My comment was meant to be 'tongue-in-cheek' but if it came across a little facetious or "defensive" then I apologise as that was not my aim. Happy swimming.
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TonTri » Fri May 18, 2018 1:15 pm

GLASSMAN wrote:our pool has toilets , the lifeguard on duty cleans them before his shift,and the next one on duty does the same,i know because I,ve watched them.pool is only open beginning of june to end September,and its a communal pool,residents have a free pass,non residents visitors/renters pay a nominal €1 per visit.

Which community is this on Glassman? Are you sure it isn't a municipal pool? Most communal pools aren't open to non-residents and don't have toilets or lifeguards. It must be really big community to warrant all that.
TonTri

Postby Jordy » Fri May 18, 2018 2:15 pm

burnie day wrote:
Jordy wrote:Not quite sure what your point is here. Are you seeking approval to pee in the pool or complaining
that others do?

Hi Jordy,

Why are you not quite sure?

I thought it was quit obvious what my post is about and questioning, Although I do thank you for your comment and the unfortunate misinterpretation of the original post. I appreciate the time you have taken and your input.

Kind regards

Burnie

My comment was made 'tongue-in-cheek' and if it came across as facetious or "defensive" then I apologise
as that was not my aim. Happy swimming (and pee-ing). ;)
Jordy

Postby burnie day » Fri May 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi Jordy,
Thank you, But no need to apologize, your input is greatly received.

So it would seem we are drifting off topic, It does not all come down to money ,,,, or does it ?

Community pool or over sized Community loo is the question,

Nothing to do with fish swimming in the sea or blaming rental properties and kids vandalizing the facilities or the general use for the public,

Quite simply, why are there no loo's in the community pool area, I think its quite gross that there are not any and relying on the users to return home when nature calls is quite preposterous !!!

But I do wonder how many people that have provided input on this topic actually rent their properties out to holiday makes or long term, profiteer from the the let and then have the front to throw the argument about cost of maintenance,

I hasten to add, If one of the holiday makers becomes dramatically ill and is proven to be the pool as the source infection, who is to blame, the owner who has let the property or the community as a whole.
burnie day

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby mondo » Fri May 18, 2018 3:44 pm

burnie day wrote:Hi Jordy,
Thank you, But no need to apologize, your input is greatly received.

So it would seem we are drifting off topic, It does not all come down to money ,,,, or does it ?

Community pool or over sized Community loo is the question,

Nothing to do with fish swimming in the sea or blaming rental properties and kids vandalizing the facilities or the general use for the public,

Quite simply, why are there no loo's in the community pool area, I think its quite gross that there are not any and relying on the users to return home when nature calls is quite preposterous !!!

But I do wonder how many people that have provided input on this topic actually rent their properties out to holiday makes or long term, profiteer from the the let and then have the front to throw the argument about cost of maintenance,

I hasten to add, If one of the holiday makers becomes dramatically ill and is proven to be the pool as the source infection, who is to blame, the owner who has let the property or the community as a whole.

If a community has a pool they will pay a reputable company to maintain it.

Surely if the pool is in a dangerous condition the pool company would be a fault.

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby michelle3934841 » Fri May 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi all , it’s simple really buy somewhere with a communal pool use it or don’t use it up to you ,, which ever you have to pay for it ,, if you don’t want to use it have your pun pool installed like I did and use it ,,,,!!!1 everyone has their own opinion and preference .
michelle3934841

Postby Paul Stotesbury » Fri May 18, 2018 4:14 pm

I agree with Marcliff. Never heard of a communal pool loo. The thought of one in the height of summer..no thank you!! Most urbs have pools...our last one had two. Never any distance to walk either should the need for a pee overcome me. I think communal loos are a total non starter!
Paul Stotesbury

PreviousNext