Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Community Pool or Community over sized LOO !!!

Re: Community Pool or Community over sized LOO !!!

Postby Reginaldo » Fri May 18, 2018 4:16 pm

We are talking Comunity pools here.., peeing in a pool...anybody that does it is despicable, and would probably do so even if a toilet was provided!
Some people are just like that...inexcusable behaviour...give them a toilet, and they will make it disgusting and then they will still pee in the pool!!
No toilet...go to your home...it won't be far...if not ...then shame on you!!
Reginaldo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby TerryG » Fri May 18, 2018 4:53 pm

TonTri wrote:
GLASSMAN wrote:our pool has toilets , the lifeguard on duty cleans them before his shift,and the next one on duty does the same,i know because I,ve watched them.pool is only open beginning of june to end September,and its a communal pool,residents have a free pass,non residents visitors/renters pay a nominal €1 per visit.

Which community is this on Glassman? Are you sure it isn't a municipal pool? Most communal pools aren't open to non-residents and don't have toilets or lifeguards. It must be really big community to warrant all that.

No reply ... Must be a secret.
:D
TerryG

Postby Jan » Fri May 18, 2018 6:23 pm

TerryG wrote:
TonTri wrote:
GLASSMAN wrote:our pool has toilets , the lifeguard on duty cleans them before his shift,and the next one on duty does the same,i know because I,ve watched them.pool is only open beginning of june to end September,and its a communal pool,residents have a free pass,non residents visitors/renters pay a nominal €1 per visit.

Which community is this on Glassman? Are you sure it isn't a municipal pool? Most communal pools aren't open to non-residents and don't have toilets or lifeguards. It must be really big community to warrant all that.

No reply ... Must be a secret.
:D

Please accept that not everyone wants to say what community they are on and in fact it's best not to identify where you live on a public forum.... and it really doesn't matter!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri May 18, 2018 6:43 pm

I,ve replied by p.m........ for the reason JAN has stated above.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby burnie day » Fri May 18, 2018 7:20 pm

I would assume from Glassman's comments,

And taking into account the main reasons offered by others not to have onsite toilets in the community pool area is centered around costs and fee's, would be to ask Glassman not what part of quesada , But to ask:

Glassman, would you be willing to disclose your annual community fee allocated for the bathing area,

Is your community a new community and is the pool area regularly cleaned and what sort of condition are the toilets at the end of the day, ie - smelly, vandalized and blocked up full of loo roll, or are they clean and respected.

Do you feel you are getting value for money along with peace of mind.

We await your reply with great interest.
burnie day

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat May 19, 2018 7:03 am

the council took over the running of the pool,many years ago, so no fees payable by residents who hold a pass/permit obtained yearly to use the pool, visitors/non pass holders pay 1€ per person per visit, toilets cleaned twice daily by the lifeguard before they start there shift,pool cleaned daily in a morning by a 2 guys in a van from council,pool opened june till September or October.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby TerryG » Sat May 19, 2018 8:03 am

So it`s not private communal pool in the proper sense of the word. It sounds more like a public pool so of course there would be a public toilet.

Not many private communal pools have a lifeguard, in fact I don`t know of any that have one, ( although the law states that you must employ one if your pool is 200 square metres or more !! ) and most private communal pools are open all year round.
TerryG

Postby Scipio » Sat May 19, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks for the pm glassman.
Not a typical community pool but whatever works for you.
I have access to a private pool but generally I use the community pool to meet people and let them know that the president isn't an ogre.
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Sat May 19, 2018 8:50 am

TerryG wrote:So it`s not private communal pool in the proper sense of the word. It sounds more like a public pool so of course there would be a public toilet.

Not many private communal pools have a lifeguard, in fact I don`t know of any that have one, ( although the law states that you must employ one if your pool is 200 square metres or more !! ) and most private communal pools are open all year round.

We have a lifeguard July to September. One of the pools is closed for the rest of the year so we don't exceed the 200 m2.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby burnie day » Sat May 19, 2018 9:04 am

If that's the case with glassmans pool, then as Scipio writes, not really a community pool, but it does sound like a pool I would rather visit, and with no fee's for the residents is great.

Also, there is also a 'Part' solution with regards to some of the arguments against having loo's in the community pool area, Charge the non residents/holiday lets a little extra, if they are registered legal lets, then it will be quite easy to police and increase the community fee.

To rely on peoples good nature not to pee in the pool if there is no loo within the area is just living in the dark.

I won't even get up out the chair to turn the tv over, I ask the missis to do for me, or to pass over the remote control.

But I do get up and use the loo when nature calls !!!

All this,,, from one simple visit to a local community pool that was just being shown to me by my friend who has just moved onto quesada,

Happy swimming to all,

And the old saying ''don't drink the water'' Well, that has a whole new meaning to me :)
burnie day

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

PreviousNext