Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving my UK car from Portsmouth to Quesada

Re: Driving my UK car from Portsmouth to Quesada

Postby Sylwina » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Shelles wrote:Hi All,

I want to drive my car to Quesada soon. Which is the best way? Never done anything like this before. Which ferry etc?

Please help.

Thanks in advance

We bring our cat to Spain for the summer every year. She doesn’t travel well, scared of her own shadow. So we take the least stressful option. Take the Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao, 24 hours on board and you arrive on both in the afternoon allowing for much of the drive in the light. There are 2 ferries to choose from Cap Finistre and the Baie de Seine, the latter being the economie sailing and arrives in port a little later and leaves Portsmouth earlier. Other ferry goes on Sunday but beware that one means 2 nights on board. If you book early you can get a pet Cabin which means your dogs stay in the cabin with you. But they are in high demand as there are only 14 such cabins. Otherwise dogs go in the kennels. Drive is about 9 hours with 2 stops. Although we now stop over just outside Madrid so we don’t arrive at 11pm in the dark and one can do a cockroach check around the house in the light lol.
Sylwina

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous

Return to Driving to Spain / Car hire in Spain / Buying & owning a car in Spain / Licences & Documents / ITV testing/Transporting items to Spain