Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New large white building on lemon tree road roundabout?

New large white building on lemon tree road roundabout?

Postby Titch » Wed May 23, 2018 1:02 pm

does anyone know what the large white building on the roundabout on lemon tree road is going to be. Someone told me it’s a new CONSUM. Is that corr ct?
Titch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: New large white building on lemon tree road roundabout?

Postby kathyl » Wed May 23, 2018 1:20 pm

That is what I was told, along with a few other shops, We shall just have to wait and see. I wouldn't be very pleased if I lived in one of those houses though
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby marcliff » Wed May 23, 2018 1:20 pm

And others as well.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby GLASSMAN » Wed May 23, 2018 2:32 pm

The information I had ,that it was going to be a holding center for refugees /boat people that land along the coast at Guardamar, as the seas across the med are calmer this time of year,hope the Consum idea is correct,Glad I don't live in one of the boxes nearby, sold to you with a view of the lake ,now a view of consum or what ever :cry: :cry: but to get real info would a visit to ask at the town hall not be in order if it bothers you that much :)then theres no speculation
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby El Tel » Wed May 23, 2018 5:47 pm

GLASSMAN wrote:The information I had ,that it was going to be a holding center for refugees /boat people that land along the coast at Guardamar, as the seas across the med are calmer this time of year,hope the Consum idea is correct,Glad I don't live in one of the boxes nearby, sold to you with a view of the lake ,now a view of consum or what ever :cry: :cry: but to get real info would a visit to ask at the town hall not be in order if it bothers you that much :)then theres no speculation

I have looked for a wooden spoon smilie but can’t find one....lol
El Tel

Postby GLASSMAN » Wed May 23, 2018 8:32 pm

Really? :o
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Quizmaster Mike » Wed May 23, 2018 11:01 pm

It's always been zoned for commercial. Consum is apparently going in which is useful for local residents. If you were buying a villa you would have advised this or been told by your solicitor. Never buy with an open space next door ! It's Spain after all.
Quizmaster Mike

Postby twoeyes2c » Thu May 24, 2018 7:15 am

It always amazes me that people want to know what new buildings are "going to be" as long as it is not at your front door who really cares?
twoeyes2c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Angela17 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:20 am

twoeyes2c wrote:It always amazes me that people want to know what new buildings are "going to be" as long as it is not at your front door who really cares?

But it might be on your front door. Even if it’s not people do want to know, where is the harm in that? Development is good, especially if it means that you are going to have a facility that you can walk to. What’s the point of having a forum if people can’t ask questions and find information out?
Angela17

Postby Jan » Thu May 24, 2018 7:54 am

There is no harm in wanting to know. It's just curiosity, even if it's not on our doorstep.

As was mentioned above we hope that those who are thinking of buying off plan would make sure that they know what is being built around them before they sign on the dotted line.

The plot still looks, to me, to be a bit small for a normal size Consum but maybe it's a smaller version like the Sainsbury/Tesco local stores that they often put in residential areas in the UK.

There is no doubt IMO that a supermarket is needed and a long time coming to this part of the area. Not everyone wants to or is able to get in a car to pick up provisions every time they need them.

We will find out soon, but nothing wrong with being curious in the meantime.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Next