Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Which bank account

Re: Which bank account

Postby Nikon » Mon May 28, 2018 12:30 pm

i know its probally a most asked we have a uk santander account can we use or link to this account please

daz wrote:Santander ZERO account, - free to use just like any regular uk account, ''IF'' you pay 600eu a month in, and have 2 DD's set up (electric and water). branch advised me would still be free for me even if missed paying in on the odd month. so far (6 months) has been totally free, so for me, the best one so far. good luck in your search.

select your branch location carefully though, because unlike the UK when any branch will help you if you are their customer, in Spain, that is the only branch that will work with you when you need to query something. good luck
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby clivespana » Mon May 28, 2018 6:57 pm

There are NO efficient banks in Spain, they are all mediocre, the best thing about them is the Internet banking, anything which means you do not have to visit the branch is good. None have enough staff. Sabadell even have a queuing ticket machine, similar to a delicatessen, take a ticket and W_A_I_T......................
clivespana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Mon May 28, 2018 10:49 pm

clivespana wrote:There are NO efficient banks in Spain, they are all mediocre, the best thing about them is the Internet banking, anything which means you do not have to visit the branch is good. None have enough staff. Sabadell even have a queuing ticket machine, similar to a delicatessen, take a ticket and W_A_I_T......................

Three banks we have used over the years, in Spain, have had ticket machines - It's not a new idea. In fact IMO it's favourable to hanging around looking at each other and wondering who is next.

Queuing politely is mostly a British thing - I definitely prefer the ticketing system.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby daz » Wed May 30, 2018 9:05 am

no, Santander uk and spain are completely separate, different currencies after all, imagine the cost to you if Santander kept sending your money back and forth, with exchange rates, it would be like putting your money on a cheese grater and sliding it back and forth, pretty soon you'd have nowt left. so just go into your chosen branch, passport, utilities bills with your proof of your Spanish address on, and take it from there. I use transferwise for transferring uk cash, its is really competitive on costs, but that will be for you to decide.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Bunnyrabbit » Wed May 30, 2018 11:48 am

clivespana wrote:There are NO efficient banks in Spain, they are all mediocre, the best thing about them is the Internet banking, anything which means you do not have to visit the branch is good. None have enough staff. Sabadell even have a queuing ticket machine, similar to a delicatessen, take a ticket and W_A_I_T......................

No ticket machine at sabadell branch on Paseo Vista Alegre in Torrevieja
Bunnyrabbit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Janjan » Wed May 30, 2018 1:08 pm

Masa opened us a Bank Account at BBVA in Torrevieja in 1997. We had a Personal Banker allotted to us and rang up to make an Appointment to see her. It worked very well and we never changed and were glad after seeing the Banks in Quesada gradually decreasing their services.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Kaspr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Interested to find peoples views on bank charges.
Have just noticed Sabadell are creaming charges of our account.
Due out next week and will be looking to change bank.
Can any one advise how easy the process is?.

Kaspr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Richard Black » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:24 am

To all the people who are having a love in with Sabadell, avoid this bank like the Plague, there charges are horrendous if you are a Non Resident.

We sold a property down in Benalmadena and put a cheque in to our account, as we are buying up in the Quesada area, 150 Euros for this, then 4 days later they took out the whole sum of the cheque, next day they put it back in and charged another 150Euros.

If you want to transfer money between Sabadell accounts there is charges.

Watch Matt Wilkie on you tube comment on this rip off bank.
Richard Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dunfermline

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:05 am

Depends on amount Sabadel to Sabadel no charge on transfers,on amounts below a certain amount, you should have broke the amount down and done a few transfers,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Richard Black » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:49 pm

You want to try and tell Sabadell that when your are buying another property, are you on commission with them, shocking bank, but then its the Spanish way to try and rip you off from banking, car buying, power, water, utilities.
Richard Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dunfermline

PreviousNext