Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Real Estate fees

Real Estate fees

Postby walnut » Wed May 30, 2018 5:57 am

I have read on a number of forums the various damning citations surrounding these fees. Most of which are either posted by people who know nothing about it or have had a bad experience and then decide to publicly tar every agent with the same brush.
When a vendor decides to market their property...Their net return is made crystal clear on a form,signed,by the vendor called a Mandato De Venta.This also includes details of the commission agreed with the agent.The property is then marketed with the commission added.
The buyer comes along,pays the price and the vendor is returned what has been agreed. How simple is that? Is there a rip off involved here?
Now to the level of commission an agent charges for selling houses.It's like selling anything eh. Do you sell through Tony who has a mobile phone,conducts business from his garage and has no after sales team? Or do you sell through Anthony who has an office you can visit,with a shop front where your property is displayed,Anthony...whose company advertises and markets your property at exhibitions and various portals on the web. There is a great difference between meeting Tony outside Don Carlos to view properties and meeting Anthony at his office to view.
Hence, the difference between 3% and 5% commission. As a seller,and,indeed a buyer, you get the service you have paid for.End of......
walnut

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Re: Real Estate fees

Postby Black » Wed May 30, 2018 7:20 am

Do you have a number for Tony? :lol:
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Babsie » Wed May 30, 2018 9:59 am

Is Tony a real person if so have you got his number? I still think agency commission is far took high in Spain, we have been quoted 6% which is
outragious for doing the same as other agents. Non of them push your
property, they sit on their backsides and wait for people to come in.
They advertise in papers, but are they on the phone actually selling your
property, I don';t think so. Mind you we had the same problem in UK when
selling at 1.1/2% they still did nothing, but wait for clients. It is a mugs game.
Babsie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby dottyp53 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:06 pm

...and there are 'reputable' estate agents in the UK now who charge for taking photos of your property.

In one case near my UK base, the biggest agent charges £150 for that privilege.

And how much more do the UK agents do for you after you've purchased from them?!!!
dottyp53

Postby Jan » Wed May 30, 2018 6:13 pm

dottyp53 wrote:...and there are 'reputable' estate agents in the UK now who charge for taking photos of your property.

In one case near my UK base, the biggest agent charges £150 for that privilege.

And how much more do the UK agents do for you after you've purchased from them?!!!

'Purple Bricks' is the only one I would use in the UK to sell my property these days.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby scubydoo » Wed May 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Walnut I think you may live to regret posting this one! and I am sure Jan will soon have to close it! :text-lol:
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Jan » Wed May 30, 2018 7:16 pm

Generally every topic like this becomes contentious (sometimes they are started for that purpose!) but we always try to give the benefit of the doubt and hope people don't bite and stay polite.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby polop » Wed May 30, 2018 9:23 pm

I think you will find with Purple Bricks there are extras such as viewing property! A little bit like everything, not all is what it seems.
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby dottyp53 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:06 pm

There certainly are!

And also...will Purple Bricks staff be there to help you through any queries, even 2 or 3 years after your sale or purchase?

That's the 'treatment' we've received from Spanish estate agencies...nothing but helpful, and (in my opinion) what they earn is not my concern...if a seller isn't happy with the agency cut, then they can find a different agent, or try selling privately.
dottyp53

Postby Merry Maids » Thu May 31, 2018 7:38 am

We at MERRY MAIDS; believe There’s a human element in the world of property that is too easily overlooked.
We are a family run Real Estate Agents here on the Costa Blanca, we pride ourselves in our honesty.
We offer very competitive commission prices on our sales and rentals. Rentals 5 % of your gross monthly rent. 2% commission on all house sales.
The reason we are able to be so completive is because we do not have a lot of overheads, expensive motorcars or a lavish office.
At MERRY MAIDS; we build long-term relationships, which allow us to provide personalised, clear and considered advice on all areas of property in all key markets. We believe personal interaction is a crucial part of ensuring every client is matched to the property that suits their needs best – be it commercial or residential.
Operating in locations where our clients need us to be, we provide an excellent service that’s locally expert and informed.
Merry Maids

Next