Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Traffic fines by post

Traffic fines by post

Postby emwood » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:41 pm

Take note anybody who intends to drive through FRANCE my friend has just received a French speeding ticket with full payment instructions. So beware
emwood

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Traffic fines by post

Postby Espanabums » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:10 pm

I got my last Spanish speeding fine by email!!
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby Rodt » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Don't speed, Simples :text-lol:
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby brandyboy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:26 pm

If you speed in France, in the UK. Get parking tickets, fail to pay the Dart Charge or commit any other traffic offence recorded on camera, while driving a Spanish registered vehicle. The fine will find it´s way to your Spanish address. Take care. It is now becoming difficult to drive across Europe without getting a fine for something. It´s easy to stick to speed limits on motorways but on rural routes the speed limit goes up and down almost every few hundred yards. Maybe it´s cheaper to pay the tolls than the fines.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby twoeyes2c » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:22 am

I agree with Rodt, dont break the law and you wont get fined.
twoeyes2c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby yogi bear » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:02 am

On a Facebook motorcycle forum for touring Europe which I follow there has been a flurry of comments regarding speeding fines being received from across Europe including Spain and much debate about whether to pay or not. France has become quick to catch on and start sending fine and payment details in particular. The main confusion seems to be that you receive a letter stating that you have broken the rules and must pay. The nature of the infringement is not always clear and it is normally just the traffic regulation quoted. Beware if driving down through France as they have lowered all the speed limits except on the motorways and in Normandy they now have private companies in unmarked cars driving around filming the traffic and both speeding and traffic infringement notices are issued on the evidence captured.
Can anybody tell me how long the Spanish authorities have to issue a ticket or traffic infringement notice as I’m heading down in the next few weeks and am just wondering if any infringement notices (which I will try not to get) are liable to beat a postcard home? In the UK a notice of intention to prosecute must be sent within 14 days, at the other end of the scale in Italy the notice must be sent within 360 days.
yogi bear

Which part of Spain are you from?: None just yet

Postby Espanabums » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:40 am

With regard to speeding in Spain it is not easy to determine what the speed limit is. As in UK, unless there is a specific speed limit posted then all roads have a national speed limit of 100KmH (60MPH in UK). However, on Spanish roads there are often speed restrictions associated with hazards like roundabouts, side roads etc. ; when the hazard is passed then the speed limit reverts back to the national speed limit but this is not indicated by a new speed limit sign. Therefore, for eg. on the lemon tree road where there are lots of hazards, some people, mostly non Spanish, drive very slowly as they are unaware of the true limit.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro