Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Community Exit

Re: Community Exit

Postby Scipio » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:57 am

From meter to house?
I'd say that was the owners responsibility surely?
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Janjan » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

Re the water leaks. Ask the Administrators if the Community Insurance Covers this. Some people don't have their own Buildings Insurance and rely on the Community as we found when Tiles were blown off during a small Hurricane and caused damage to several Villas.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby garysl » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:18 am

All things that you were aware of when you bought the place?

Actually, no. No-one mentioned it. I never lived in Spain and I didn't know the place was part of a community.The first thing I knew was when we got the bill. The vendors, estate agents and solicitors never mentioned it. Call it naivety or whatever you will.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby hobnob » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:37 am

Hi All...I have a friend who was originally on a community but via his solicitor opted out. He was in the situation where he would have to pay community fees ...pool etc and had his own pool. I think the key was that his house had its front door facing the Council authority road and he opted out in the knowledge that he had no community access. So it can be done but I would suggest each case would be judged on its merits.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby TerryG » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:58 am

I was under the impression that if you bought a property that was part of a community of owners you remained part of the community by law, irrrespective of where your front door faced or if you had your own pool.

Many properties on communities have a front door that face council run streets but I wouldn't have thought that this would entitle you to opt out of the community.

Still .. this is Spain after all.
TerryG

Postby Jordy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:13 pm

From the water main to the meter is the suppliers responsibility. Exiting the meter to the property is the
owners responsibility.
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby LSpring40 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:40 pm

We were part of a community where one of the properties with their own pool had opted in! I understand it depends what the master deeds say, you need to ask the administrator for the community to investigate for you, and no you do not have to go through the President to speak to the administrator.
LSpring40

Postby El Tel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:17 pm

garysl wrote:I know what you mean. Our house looks onto the main street. Street lighting is via the council, sewers via the council, road maintenance via the council, we have our own pool, yet we still have to pay 400 euros community charge a year and receive nothing more than a post box for our money.

Who pays for the pool cleaners and gardeners, if you have any, and insurance? Etc etc
El Tel

Postby andywyatt » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Jordy wrote:From the water main to the meter is the suppliers responsibility. Exiting the meter to the property is the
owners responsibility.
I understand that but our meter is at least 40 Foot from the house and the pipe runs underground, is it ok for me to do the job myself, or do i need to ask the Admin.
andywyatt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby GrahamR » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:10 pm

I do not know the law in Spain, but I would have thought that if you are part of a community you have to contribute to the costs.
If you are in a community of 30 houses, if you opt out what happens to your share of the costs you committed to? For instance, we have a couple of owners who are seldom there and have racked up debts of several thousand euros. The community are having to take legal action to recover the debts. Given the chance, those owners would simply say ‘I don’t use the facilities so I do not want to pay anything’.
If most owners opted out of their commitments, the problems would start coming back in your direction. Community goes bust - things go to rack and ruin - and you will never be able to sell.
Someone I know bought a house on a community where the majority of houses were never sold. It is something he cannot get out of as he cannot write the cost off and buy something else.
GrahamR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

PreviousNext