Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

FREE TOURIST LICENCE

Re: FREE TOURIST LICENCE

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:05 am

Please don't forget once tourist licence is applied for and gained,you are now liable for the payment of taxes on your rental income,which you should have been paying anyway, and of course all the legal liabilities that go with renting a property I presume.As I don't rent I cant list then ,but I,m sure there are obligations to for fill with being a landlord,such as fire extinguisher etc,i,m sure some land lords on here can tell us what they are ,and would be most helpful to know and how to keep within the rental laws,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby TonTri » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:24 am

GLASSMAN wrote:Please don't forget once tourist licence is applied for and gained,you are now liable for the payment of taxes on your rental income,which you should have been paying anyway, and of course all the legal liabilities that go with renting a property I presume.As I don't rent I cant list then ,but I,m sure there are obligations to for fill with being a landlord,such as fire extinguisher etc,i,m sure some land lords on here can tell us what they are ,and would be most helpful to know and how to keep within the rental laws,

We have an apartment in Quesada which we live in for 5 1/2 months of the year and rent out through a reputable online website for the remaining months to help out with running costs. I don't really classify myself as a landlord but I suppose technically I am. It took a lot of research to find out exactly what was required when we began the process about 15 months ago, however this recent article by TLA Solicitors in Quesada has a pretty good summary https://www.spanishsolicitors.com/holiday-rentals-valencia-region-registration-process-and-taxes/
I hope this helps.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby mondo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:35 am

I have no problem with MM offering this service...

If you have a house you rent out, and you come over for a holiday, there are better things to do than fill out a tourist form, no doubt in Spanish, drive up to Alicante and sit in a queue for an hour or two,then be told you filled in the form incorrectly, go back, hire a translator, fill out another form, take it back to Alicante and try again..and all the while your holiday is fast disappearing...

..Good on MM for offering this service...you are not compelled to take them up on it you know..
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby TerryG » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 am

MM didn`t say that the Tourist Licence is free but that they will apply for it on your behalf for free if you sign up to a couple of their services for one year.

Although `FREE TOURIST LICENCE` and `TOURIST LICENCE free of charge ` is a bit confusing to some I can see.
TerryG

Postby TonTri » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:29 am

mondo wrote:I have no problem with MM offering this service...

If you have a house you rent out, and you come over for a holiday, there are better things to do than fill out a tourist form, no doubt in Spanish, drive up to Alicante and sit in a queue for an hour or two,then be told you filled in the form incorrectly, go back, hire a translator, fill out another form, take it back to Alicante and try again..and all the while your holiday is fast disappearing...

..Good on MM for offering this service...you are not compelled to take them up on it you know..

:text-goodpost: I agree Mondo and we could do with more companies offering this service. When we started looking renting out I asked around at several solicitors and property management companies to see if they could obtain the licence for me but was told I didnt need a rental licence as I only had one property. After numerous conversations on here I ended up having to apply by myself just to be on the safe side but it would have been so much easier if someone like MM offered this service then.
TonTri

Postby dottyp53 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:36 am

scubydoo wrote:
burnie day wrote:So let me get this right,,, Tontri

If I go to the Oficina del Turismo in Alicante or send them a recorded letter with the application in it, there actually is not a charge for the Licence.

The Licence is free anyway, and does not cost 100 euros as stated in the opening posts.

This seems to be getting out of hand I do not see a cost in the original post / offer! and someone who wants this service it could be good if they do not want the form filling etc!;)

I think that particular poster was having some sort of 'dig at Tontri due to an exchange on a previous 'holiday lettings post.

Now...I'd like to ask Merry Maids where the 15th of May information has come from, as I can't find anything.

Quite a few interesting articles have surfaced, though, especially around the very recent announcement about the Valencian region clamping down on the number of holiday lets.

Articles below.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/elpais.c ... 0.amp.html

https://www.spanishsolicitors.com/holid ... and-taxes/
dottyp53

Postby TonTri » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:47 am

Thanks for the El Pais link dottyp, I havent seen that one. It reads as though the new regulations apply only to the city of Valencia but I wonder if they will roll it out to all of Valenciana or leave that to the individual provinces, i.e. Alicante in our case. Something for me to keep an eye out for as the authorities in the Rojales area don't seem to keep up with the changes until long after the event.

And yes, I think you were right about the dig ;)
TonTri

Postby Paulr » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:08 pm

I seem to remember Jan posting something (last year?) that reflected a change in the law, advising that people who wanted to advertise their property for rent on the forum could only do so if they included the Tourist Licence number in the advert.

JAN: would you be able to remind us of the requirements please?
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby TonTri » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi Paul

This was a long discussion on the subject last year, it has been rumbling on for ages. Jan has always asked for a rental licence number on rentals posted on here ever since I joined the forum.

quesada-general-discussion-f9/holiday-home-rental-licence-t18618.html
TonTri

Postby dottyp53 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:01 pm

Still no sign of the May 15th info?
dottyp53

PreviousNext

Return to Quesada general discussion