Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

driving with top off!

Re: driving with top off!

Postby Yan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:29 am

It's the bit where you are pulled over for running a stop sign and get out of the car wearing wet flip flops, covered in sand , a pair of speedos ( or bikini) and nothing else, carrying a half empty can of Fanta orange and then claim that your foot slipped on the pedal.
You're either on the beach or off the beach, not both!

Negligent driving caused by inappropriate footwear will get you a fine. Driving without your top off may lead the Guardia to believe that you may also be wearing flip flops and having a police car following you back from the beach isn't something I would welcome.
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TerryG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:33 pm

Stick a shirt on and wear something decent on your feet .. It`s not rocket science.
TerryG

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Straight from the horses mouth. I asked the policeman at La Siesta if it were illegal for a man to drive without a shirt, and his answer was:- Maybe, maybe not, it all depends. Apparently it's in the highway code book (Spanish). Article 18.1 driving without a shirt violate the provision of Article 18 of the General Traffic Regulations, which entail a fine of 80 euros to 200 euros.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Luckylouise » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:12 pm

well it seems its a maybe maybe not :lol:
my husband drove around in a convertible car all weekend when we were over with no shirt on (it was hot!) we did get a few funny looks (i just presumed it was because as they cant see his bottom half it does look as if he was naked :lol: we drove past two policemen in Rojales but they never stopped us ...
Luckylouise

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesa

Postby Janjan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:19 pm

I expect people were surprised to see somebody driving without a shirt on. Personally I never have in this area. It's not Benidorm.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby marcliff » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:36 pm

Janjan wrote:I expect people were surprised to see somebody driving without a shirt on. Personally I never have in this area. It's not Benidorm.

Well, there was a chap going into Mercadona this morning without a shirt on. They offered him a T Shirt to put on and he seemed surprised he wasn't allowed in the shop without a shirt.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby TerryG » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:02 pm

marcliff wrote:
Janjan wrote:I expect people were surprised to see somebody driving without a shirt on. Personally I never have in this area. It's not Benidorm.

Well, there was a chap going into Mercadona this morning without a shirt on. They offered him a T Shirt to put on and he seemed surprised he wasn't allowed in the shop without a shirt.

If you haven`t got any respect for yourself .. at least have some for other people.
TerryG

Postby PeteKnight » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 pm

N
Chrisdee wrote:Straight from the horses mouth. I asked the policeman at La Siesta if it were illegal for a man to drive without a shirt, and his answer was:- Maybe, maybe not, it all depends. Apparently it's in the highway code book (Spanish). Article 18.1 driving without a shirt violate the provision of Article 18 of the General Traffic Regulations, which entail a fine of 80 euros to 200 euros.

Articulo 18.1 says:

“Artículo 18. Otras obligaciones del conductor.
1. El conductor de un vehículo está obligado a mantener su propia libertad de movimientos, el campo necesario de visión y la atención permanente a la conducción, que garanticen su propia seguridad, la del resto de los ocupantes del vehículo y la de los demás usuarios de la vía. A estos efectos, deberá cuidar especialmente de mantener la posición adecuada y que la mantengan el resto de los pasajeros, y la adecuada colocación de los objetos o animales transportados para que no haya interferencia entre el conductor y cualquiera de ellos (artículo 11.2 del texto articulado).
Se considera incompatible con la obligatoria atención permanente a la conducción el uso por el conductor con el vehículo en movimiento de dispositivos tales como pantallas con acceso a internet, monitores de televisión y reproductores de vídeo o DVD. Se exceptúan, a estos efectos, el uso de monitores que estén a la vista del conductor y cuya utilización sea necesaria para la visión de acceso o bajada de peatones o para la visión en vehículos con cámara de maniobras traseras, así como el dispositivo GPS.”

Which Google translates as:

“Article 18. Other obligations of the driver.
1. The driver of a vehicle is obliged to maintain his own freedom of movement, the necessary field of vision and permanent attention to driving, guaranteeing his own safety, that of the rest of the occupants of the vehicle and that of other users of the way. For these purposes, you must take special care to maintain the proper position and keep it the rest of the passengers, and the proper placement of objects or animals transported so that there is no interference between the driver and any of them (article 11.2 of the articulated text ).
It is considered incompatible with the mandatory permanent attention to driving the use by the driver with the moving vehicle of devices such as screens with internet access, television monitors and video or DVD players. For this purpose, the use of monitors that are in view of the driver and whose use is necessary for the vision of access or descent of pedestrians or for vision in vehicles with rear maneuvering camera, as well as the GPS device are excepted.”

No mention of shirts, flip flops, high heels etc.
As I said earlier, it’s all common sense stuff about being able to control your vehicle safely in all situations.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Paulr » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby clivespana » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:20 am

Keep the roof on, close the windows and turn the air con on - heaven!
clivespana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext