Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Electric Water Heater

Electric Water Heater

Postby Ian2009 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:16 am

Hi - bought a Bosch ES80 Tronic 6000T Water Heater from Tien21 to replace the old one - so all connections were there - take one off wall put new one on wall.
When the plumber installed it he showed me that the new one had an “expansion” tube and basically said: “this is very important and if the boiler is overheating it will discharge into the sink as opposed to blowing up!” - well I think that’s what he said as he only spoke Spanish.

So a few days later we noticed it was discharging - about a cupful of water a day - so we got him back - he tested the water pressure (which was 4 bar) and replaced the pressure release valve (to see if it was faulty - which it wasn’t so he put the Bosch one back on).

We are now waiting for a Bosch technician - the plumber says - “they will do their best to charge you but in my opinion - the water pressure is ok so the thermostat is faulty”.

He told me initially to set ithe thermostat control knob to 20 past (on the clock) between minimum and maximum - which we did and periodically the red light goes on and off as we are using it - so as novices - we assume it is working ok.

My wife and I actually commented on how hot it was when having a shower but just thought it was very efficient and probably the old one was “calced up”.
As it works ok - we are still using it but I have touched it back to 10 past and it is hardly discharging anything now.

Could it be as simple as we had it turned too high at 20 past ???
Ian2009

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dońa Pepa

Re: Electric Water Heater

Postby Pete31 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:04 am

This should not happen with a new boiler, I am having a slight problem with mine but its not new it does get to hot and need to put the tap down then gets to cold lol, I think you need them out again. Lucky I got a friend next door who was a heating engineer he sorts
it out for me. hope you sort it out Pete.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Janjan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:32 pm

You can download the Instructions for this Boiler if you havnt got them. It probably is that the Temperture Control was set too high but nothing lost if it's looked at by a Technician. Our Boiler showed how hot the water was getting so we knew when it was time to change the Thermostat. Good thing as we were novices after always having Gas Central Heating.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Ian2009 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:04 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:
Ian2009

Postby 2Sheds » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:51 pm

Have replied to your PM Ian.
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Ian2009 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Many thanks indeed.
Ian2009

Postby Gasplumbman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:05 am

Yes its to hot water expands when its hot so the hotter the more expansion you get seems to me that when you have an 80 litre tank or above its more likely to happen get a thermometer and check temps of water you have,if its to hot turn it. down
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Postby Ian2009 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:15 am

Thanks for reply and you are right - we have turned it down - its still more than hot enough to use - but I have e-mailed Bosch's technical department yesterday to try and find out if it is OK for 50/60ml of water to discharge from this tube daily BECAUSE in the manual it states "water may discharge from this valve when heating" but everyone tells me it SHOULDN'T - so not being technical myself I need to know who is right?
Ian2009