Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Price tags

Re: Price tags

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:13 am

I,ve been in this shop for several products, last time was a few weeks ago , hammerite equivilant , maked/priced up at 5€ less than the usual stores/shops the codes on products give the price at the tills always found them the best for service and price in the area, as they say it costs nothing to ask,and they speak English,so don't be frightened if your Spanish ain,t up to much.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby TerryG » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:48 am

All of the products in Leroy Merlin have bar codes on them and also in their location.

Are you seriously suggesting that you should queue up at a busy till just to ask the price of something, or maybe you like surprises and prefer to have no idea until the checkout. :D
TerryG

Postby Jordy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:04 am

TerryG wrote:All of the products in Leroy Merlin have bar codes on them and also in their location.

Are you seriously suggesting that you should queue up at a busy till just to ask the price of something, or maybe you like surprises and prefer to have no idea until the checkout. :D

Which was the point I was trying to make in the first place Terry. People seem to cherry pick bits of the OP
to comment on and either don't read or completely ignore the rest. For example, several posters have suggested
I should have gone to the till with my item & asked the cost of it. I wouldn't have had a problem with that (in Spanish or English GLASSMAN) but I needed an armful of products & as it's not Mercadona we're talking about here, there wasn't any shopping carts available. So, do I pick an item up, go to the till, wait in the queue, get the price, take it back to the shelf, pick up another item, go to the till, wait in the queue, take it back, put it back on the shelf?
Unlike some on here, I've got a life & don't wish to spend the last of it in a paint shop!
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby mondo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:33 am

Jordy wrote:Having read several recommendations on this forum regarding the paint retailer next door to
the auction rooms in Formentera, I decided to pay a visit as I have several diy projects needing
some attention. I found everything I needed but not a single item had a price tag on it.
Call me old fashioned or even tight-fisted if you like but I prefer to have some idea of what the
cost is going to be before I approach the till. I also like to be able to compare the price of one brand
against another before choosing. Needless to say, I came away empty handed and went elsewhere
and possibly paid more for what I wanted, but I knew what I'd spent before getting to the check-out.
Had I only wanted a single item I would have been more than willing to ask the sales assistant
to give me the price but she was working alone and was already dealing with other customers.
Shame but another sale lost plus I'll be reluctant to return.

I´m with Jordy.. why not price things up?

How many people would go to Consum check-out counter without knowing the price of anything...?

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby manxmunk » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:10 am

Jordy, last time I was in that paint shop, I noticed that they had the prices written in pencil on the actual item, but you had to look carefully for it. Still think it is one of the cheapest stores Ive bought from, but can see where your coming from.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Jordy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:10 pm

manxmunk wrote:Jordy, last time I was in that paint shop, I noticed that they had the prices written in pencil on the actual item, but you had to look carefully for it. Still think it is one of the cheapest stores Ive bought from, but can see where your coming from.

:text-thankyouyellow:
Jordy

Postby auldaw » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Like Jordy I was looking for a fair few items of paint materials for a project spraying internal doors.I did try the Formentera shop as well as two others, but couldn’t get a handle on what they were offering, or the cheapest way to buy the quantity required.

Long story short, I got my everything I needed from Dami Colours in Santa Pola. Every item in the shop is labelled with a bar code and an Iva included price. In addition the owner intervened at the till and gave me an overriding 15% discount because of the size of the purchase. Thoroughly recommended
auldaw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Costa » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Jordy wrote:
TerryG wrote:All of the products in Leroy Merlin have bar codes on them and also in their location.

Which was the point I was trying to make in the first place Terry. People seem to cherry pick bits of the OP
to comment on and either don't read or completely ignore the rest. For example, several posters have suggested
I should have gone to the till with my item & asked the cost of it. I wouldn't have had a problem with that (in Spanish or English GLASSMAN) but I needed an armful of products & as it's not Mercadona we're talking about here, there wasn't any shopping carts available. So, do I pick an item up, go to the till, wait in the queue, get the price, take it back to the shelf, pick up another item, go to the till, wait in the queue, take it back, put it back on the shelf?
Unlike some on here, I've got a life & don't wish to spend the last of it in a paint shop![quote]. Go and do some painting and take a happy pill also and relax :text-lol: :text-lol:
Costa

Previous