Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Price tags

Price tags

Postby Jordy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Having read several recommendations on this forum regarding the paint retailer next door to
the auction rooms in Formentera, I decided to pay a visit as I have several diy projects needing
some attention. I found everything I needed but not a single item had a price tag on it.
Call me old fashioned or even tight-fisted if you like but I prefer to have some idea of what the
cost is going to be before I approach the till. I also like to be able to compare the price of one brand
against another before choosing. Needless to say, I came away empty handed and went elsewhere
and possibly paid more for what I wanted, but I knew what I'd spent before getting to the check-out.
Had I only wanted a single item I would have been more than willing to ask the sales assistant
to give me the price but she was working alone and was already dealing with other customers.
Shame but another sale lost plus I'll be reluctant to return.
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Price tags

Postby Costa » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:40 pm

I always get my paint products from this shop as they are the cheapest around plus I've found the staff to be very helpful all you needed to do was take the product you wanted to the till and they would have given you a price it's very simple.
Costa

Postby Jordy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:40 pm

Costa wrote:I always get my paint products from this shop as they are the cheapest around plus I've found the staff to be very helpful all you needed to do was take the product you wanted to the till and they would have given you a price it's very simple.

Thanks for the patronising response. I said in my original post that I needed more than one item, actually
more than six items. I also said I wanted to compare prices between brands. How many journeys to the
already 'occupied' counter do you think that would have taken? My question was - why no prices on the products?
Don't know the answer or even have an educated guess? Then don't post. Also very simple. :roll:
Jordy

Postby Benjy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:52 pm

:text-goodpost:
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby Pete31 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:01 pm

I recon this is how it works in Spain in small places if you were local then you would get it at the cheaper price it does happen.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Postby Dave c » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Calm down jordy calm down.
Dave c

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:44 pm

Someone got out the wrong side of the bed
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby TerryG » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Nothing to do with getting out of the wrong side of the bed or calming down.. Jordy has a good point.

Why should you have to cart everything everytime up to the till just to ask the price when they're too lazy to put price tags on them...
TerryG

Postby Jordy » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:56 pm

TerryG wrote:Nothing to do with getting out of the wrong side of the bed or calming down.. Jordy has a good point.

Why should you have to cart everything everytime up to the till just to ask the price when they're too lazy to put price tags on them...

Thank you TerryG and one or two others. A little sanity in the land of loonies & trolls. :clap:
Jordy

Postby donaduo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:11 pm

Jordy wrote:
TerryG wrote:Nothing to do with getting out of the wrong side of the bed or calming down.. Jordy has a good point.

Thank you TerryG and one or two others. A little sanity in the land of loonies & trolls. :clap:

In some instances and no, I’m not referring to anyone in this thread, it’s the anonymity allowed by avatars, that boosts a person’s confidence to become a troll
donaduo

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion