Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Broken pool pump

Broken pool pump

Postby Heather&Steve » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi any advice would be greatly appreciated! We have returned to our villa today and our pool pump has broken. We have a green pool and friends arriving tomorrow. We have tried unsuccessfully to replace at Leroy merlin. Does anyone know of anywhere else we can try to buy a replacement today? Many thanks in advance
Heather&Steve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Broken pool pump

Postby Jan » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Heather&Steve wrote:Hi any advice would be greatly appreciated! We have returned to our villa today and our pool pump has broken. We have a green pool and friends arriving tomorrow. We have tried unsuccessfully to replace at Leroy merlin. Does anyone know of anywhere else we can try to buy a replacement today? Many thanks in advance

I don't know this company personally but they are listed in our Pools services forum on the home page - May be worth contacting them??

http://www.pooltechspain.com
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby geoffllo » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:59 am

There's a pool shop in Quesada, near Quesada Fish & Chips, or Propagua on the way into Torrevieja on the right, opposite the entrance to La Siesta. (I think the address is El Limonar). Then there's Pool Plus at San Miguel de Salinas. It depends what make of pump. Is it humming at all? If so, it probably only needs a condenser, for about 7 or 8 Euros. Pumps don't usually stop altogether, they get noisy, or they sit there humming but not rotating. Has it definitely got power to it?
I might be able to advise better with a few more details. E.g. what make of pump etc.
As regards the green pool, get some liquid chlorine in there a bit quickly!
Geoff.
geoffllo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Billyboy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 am

I use the Propagua shop mentioned in previous post , the German lady in there speaks perfect English . Take some pictures of pump and model details and go show her . As geofflo said it's probably the condenser , normally in black box on top of pump - easy to change - make sure electric is turned off ! Also make sure the breaker in fuse box has not tripped , I had a dodgy timer a while back and it would trip breaker when it was supposed to turn pump on .
There is also a pool shop next to Gama Supermarket , Dona Pepa if you don't want to travel .
Billyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Julie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:42 am

Ymbersa at formentera. Open till 2. He always has pool pumps on the shelf. Take the turn for the indoor market and go left at the roundabout then left to ymbersa car parking .
Julie

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesas Quesada

Postby loners » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:47 pm

Copil as you come into Quesada by the arches ..they are very helpful, I have taken my pump off and taken it in ,, normally done within the day.
loners

Which part of Spain are you from?: cuidad Quesada

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Be careful, the ( Capacitor ) that everyone is calling a condenser can be fully charged with electricity, it needs to be discharged first before touching any terminals, put a metal screw driver with (plastic handle of course) across terminals before replacing with new one, they can also be bought at the wholesale shop close to the Aquapark very cheaply, the size in micro - farads is on the outer case. if faulty they normally bulge at the sides. Hope this helps.
Jabberwocky

Which part of Spain are you from?: Close to Torrevieja

Postby Heather&Steve » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:00 pm

:text-thankyouyellow: thank you all for your advice we managed to buy a replacement pump, ours had burnt out. We now have a blue but cloudy pool Thank you all very much
Heather&Steve

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada