Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Gas bottle heating

If you have had good service and would like to recommend a reputable Company or a Tradesman or woman, please do so here.

Gas bottle heating

Postby pjdkca » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:08 am

Morning all,
I am in the process of buying a property and would like to put in glass heating units in the villa for the winter via gas bottles as Atalaya Park isn't connected to a gas supply (yet?). Does anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to go to buy and install them or alternatives as I'm told that electricity is quite expensive in Spain?
pjdkca

Which part of Spain are you from?: UK,Quesada soon

Re: Gas bottle heating

Postby scubydoo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:00 am

Hi not sure what you are trying to do! If you want gas C/H installed that is great and economical but I would advise against free standing gas heaters as they give off to much moisture! you need that much ventilation it virtually negates the heating unless you have the unit next to you, wood burners are great and economical pellet burners are also OK depends on preference A/C is the cheapest form of electrical heating, it depends on if you are living here or holidaying on which would be best suited to your needs.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby pjdkca » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:05 am

That's a great bit of advice thanks scubydoo. All I'm trying to do is ensure that there is good heating during winter. Didn't realise that aircon was an economical way of doing that. Also like the idea of wood burners
pjdkca

Which part of Spain are you from?: UK,Quesada soon

Postby marcliff » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Inverter aircon. You can get up to 4Kw of heat from a 1Kw inverter. Depending on what you set your thermostat at, it should cost about 9 to 12 cents per hour to run.
We used nothing but the aircon for heating over the last winter and my bill was around 30 euro more for 2 bills so 7.50 euro a month for the heating.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby manxmunk » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:01 am

A good back up to the aircon heating is econo heaters, (400 watts) can buy from leroy merlin, once you have got your room warm these help to keep it there and are inexpensive to run.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Joyce » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:31 am

We have had a freestanding heater for years and we have never had a problem with condensation and we find it cheap to run. The gas lines have not been installed down our road so the only other option is electric heaters which cost a lot more to run in winter
Joyce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa