Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

La Marina- Information

La Marina- Information

Postby jimmi » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 pm

Hi All,
We are still continuing our search for a permanent home from the UK, however will soon be in the area, boots on the ground! Im looking for thoughts on La Marina Urbanisation good and bad points,bars, restaurants, accessibility to buses, taxi's and any general helpful information.

Thanks all
Jim
jimmi

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: La Marina- Information

Postby Angela17 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:08 am

When we arrived last year we got chatting to a couple that were shopping in Benijofar but lived La Marina, they were advising us to consider the area as they absolutely loved it there, said it's close to the beach too.
So we took a drive round, went to a bar and also spent the day viewing properties.
Everyone has a different view point and opinion but ours wasn't good. I thought the area looked very run down, tired looking. I also found it too British.
We've now bought in Quesada as it has a lot more nationalities, covers more age groups and seems "thriving".
Like I said that was our opinion and I'm sure others will say different.
Angela17

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:11 am

Quesada now thriving again? ,after the downturn of a few years ago,although the roads and pavements need attention in many areas,as do the bin and park areas,
But its tourist time again ,the out lying areas seem to be picking up ,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby manxmunk » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:50 am

Hi jimmi, I have a property in La Marina, I think it all depends on what the individual is looking for when purchasing. Each Urbanisation has it's good and bad points. La Marina Urb has several good supermarkets, and plenty of bars and good restaurants, for the touch of the UK goods, there is an Iceland on the bottom road, and a Lidl nearby. For anybody to say that the Urb is too British, they really need to take a good look around there own areas, example being Quesada, a lot more people living there than La Marina, and almost everyone you meet is British. I appreciate that there will be other europeans living there, as there are in La Marina, there are Spanish, Dutch and Germans living on the street that my property is on. Yes the beach is closer than in Quesada, a very nice beach, and a lovely village there as well with shops, bars, restaurants and a garden centre there as well. If you do go and have another look at La Marina, pop into the many businesses there and ask about the restaurants and location of supermarkets to see how close and handy everything is.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:57 am

And its nearer to Alicante airport!
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby TonTri » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:50 am

It also depends on whether you're looking at La Marina urb or La Marina village. They are distinctly different and I find the village more run down than most of the urb. We got terribly confused between the two when we first visited the area.
TonTri

Postby Deadeyedick » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 am

Hi Jimmi
We live in Montebello which is close to Quesada. It’s a small urbanization with just 177 houses. It is very well kept with a very pro active president who works endlessly for the good of the community. I know people will say it’s too quiet but it depends what you want. We are extremely happy here. It’s only a short drive to all the shops bars and restaurants. We also looked at La Marina at loads of properties and were very close to buying there, so glad we didn’t.
Deadeyedick

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby jimmi » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:03 am

Thanks very much for the replies, it's been good to get different perspectives. We've got a long list of areas to walk/drive around!!

Thanks

Jim
jimmi

Postby daz » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:28 am

In my view generally the nearer the coast u get the more condensed the housing and the greater amount of properties are buy to let for tourists use. So the nearer the beach, the less personal space, and less likelihood of owner occupiers, with an increase in tourists just out for their own fun. What you gain in one respect, means you lose out on another.
We are 10 miles in land (18km) , and have found a peaceful complex called entre naranjos, that also has bars and restaurants within walking distances. We can always go to the beach when we want to. One bit of advice don’t use the agent that occupies a wooden hut, I can’t expalin here, but you will most probably get ripped off. Other than that, it depends on what YOU want. Good luck
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby jimmi » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks Daz, We are exploring all possibilities, but are being drawn, like you, further inland for all the reasons you've just highlighted.
Cheers
Jim
jimmi

Next