Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Advertise here for free any unwanted/secondhand items that you would like to sell or buy. For example: Household items/Bicycles/Garden furniture etc. Please include prices and photos, if possible.

Postby Samwin » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Last edited by Samwin on Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samwin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: Wanted - Freesat box for television

Postby PeteKnight » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Freesat is actually a brand name for a particular broadcasting service. It’s a UK service, so proper Freesat boxes aren’t available to buy in the shops in Spain.
Having said that, I do use a Freesat branded box in Spain as I like the user interface of their boxes.

You can use an old Sky box if you wish - it doesn’t need a viewing card to get the free to air channels. The problem with Sky boxes is that you can’t hide the pay channels from the EPG, and you can’t record or pause live TV (which you can with a Freesat box).

The most popular satellite boxes in Spain are the cheap Chinese boxes. These don’t usually have a great user interface, but may be able to record if you connect a flash drive or esternal HDD to a USB port.

So, I guess you’re actually looking for a satellite box that will allow you to receive the British free to air channels.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Samwin » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi Pete
Many thanks for your reply - we are not very technical but our friend loaned us a freesat box but needs it returned. Our other friend gave us a Sky box but he tried to connect it but did not work. Can I go and buy this satellite box here in Spain so that we get free to air channels?
Sam
Samwin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby qwerty » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:12 pm

Manhatten or Bush do a 'Free' stat box, that will connect to your dish,, It will give you plenty of free sat channels, ( free to air Sat channels )

or

A Sky box will do pretty much the same thing with out a subscription, but can be very annoying as it still shows all the channels that you cant watch. hope that makes sense

Humax also do another number of boxes,

for general info, just go look at Argos.co.uk and type in free sat,

All them boxes work here assuming you got a decent sized dish pointed and aligned at the right satellite. they plug, tune and play. very straight forward.

The shop next to Coopers Arms should be able to help or try the Tv people that advertise on here at the top of the page. They are called Television Technology ,,,,,,,,

If its just to watch tv and listen to a bit of radio, then a basic box is all you need, Nothing More so don't get over sold !!!

(35 quid for a basic, No singing and dancing Box)

good luck.
qwerty

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby LeeG » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:02 am

Check at the back of your tv. If it has a screw connector next to the aerial socket, the tv has a built-in decoder and you won't need the box, connect the satellite directly to your tv, then do a tune, bingo.
LeeG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del Segur

Postby JoeK » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:14 pm

PeteKnight wrote:Freesat is actually a brand name for a particular broadcasting service. It’s a UK service, so proper Freesat boxes aren’t available to buy in the shops in Spain.
Having said that, I do use a Freesat branded box in Spain as I like the user interface of their boxes.

You can use an old Sky box if you wish - it doesn’t need a viewing card to get the free to air channels. The problem with Sky boxes is that you can’t hide the pay channels from the EPG, and you can’t record or pause live TV (which you can with a Freesat box).

The most popular satellite boxes in Spain are the cheap Chinese boxes. These don’t usually have a great user interface, but may be able to record if you connect a flash drive or esternal HDD to a USB port.

So, I guess you’re actually looking for a satellite box that will allow you to receive the British free to air channels.

Pete.

Hi Pete. I have a Sky box you can have free but not got a remote control for it
Let me know
Regards
Joe
JoeK

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Return to Items for sale in Quesada and surrounding areas