Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Roof windows

Re: Roof windows

Postby PeteKnight » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:27 pm

Post deleted by author
Last edited by PeteKnight on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby PeteKnight » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 pm

milor wrote:Rather than cut a large hole in the concrete slab an alternative method would be to fit a solartube. Lots of different makes, suntunnel, lighttube etc. You only need a 250mm diameter hole cut. I know Solatube have an agent in spain as we looked into this after having one fitted in the UK. The tube can also give ventilation as well as light.

I’d agree that this sounds like a much more sensible alternative to cutting through the precast concrete beams that almost certainly exist in the roof structure.

Id certainly have grave concerns about buying a property that had the roof hacked about to put a window in.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby scubydoo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:19 pm

Some roofs are precast concrete and some are block and beam with a reinforced concrete overlay, it is important to get a good builder to take a look and if they are unsure they will get an architect to give a view on what can and can not be done which should not cost you initially.
Personally I would contact Don Aluminio Building & Reformation and get them to take a look, they will not charge for looking and know a great Architect that we have used in conjunction with them.

Hope this helps.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Previous