Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Rent or Buy

Rent or Buy

Postby Brianc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:02 am

I would like to hear from British & European people who have bought and those who have rented property in Costa Blanca , pros & cons and would they have done differently given what they know now.
Thanks
BrianC.
Brianc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los dolses

Re: Rent or Buy

Postby scubydoo » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:16 am

I suppose it depends on what you want! we came to Spain bought a property on a community met lots of nice people but hen decided 6 years on to buy outside of a community and have never looked back, we did not rent in the first place but it can be a very good idea to get the feel of things and the area.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Brianc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:20 am

Hello,
Why did you decide to buy out with a community, too many busy bodies & do’s & don’ts etc.
Brianc

Postby El Buho » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:21 am

I agree with previous correspondent. Rent first so that you can get a good idea of the locality you are in and then buy if it suits you.
El Buho

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Tootandploot » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:56 am

We bought 6 years ago in a fairly lively area with lots going on and amenities within walking distance with friends nearby although not on a community with shared facilities. Someone recently made the comment that a lot of people come to the area, get used to the same and then get brave once they become familiar and decide to move up. I think that’s a fair analogy and is what happened in our case.

We have now moved to a more prettier quiet area which is fairly secluded and we love it. We feel we are now living in the real Spain and living the dream. It now works for us.

We could never live somewhere wher we had rules and regulations or shared facilities.

I have very close friends who rent. However they do not feel settled in their place. It’s very restrictive, not theirs, they can’t decorate or carry out works to their own taste and they constantly worry that the landlord will come along any minute and up the rent or decide to sell on.

It really does depend on your own preferences as to where you live.
Tootandploot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby GrahamR » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:43 pm

We have a house in a community and only stay in Spain 3-4 months a year. The community suits us as it takes care of the pool etc. Fortunately, the rules we have are based on common sense and probably stop people doing some really wacky things to the exterior of their properties. I suggest you do not worry about comments about shared pools are unhealthy. Ours has the latest filtration system and is checked regularly. I have never seen headlines on the local web saying ‘deaths through sharing community pools increase’.
If we lived there permanently and were younger, we would have probably purchased a detached villa with plenty of land.
GrahamR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby cheflady » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi we rented in Quesada first then bought a cottage opposite orange&lemon groves only one other English couple and we love it neighbours are friendly and we communicate through very funny charades!! Bought a few strange things in shops though when charades have gone wrong but it's brill. Good luck
cheflady

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:49 pm

Agree with others, better to rent first to get a feel for things & the area.

We rented in Playa Flamenca for 6 months and disliked it, made us realise we wanted somewhere a little more Spanish, so bought in a little Spanish village near Quesada.
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby Brianc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:48 pm

Thanks for all comments & information, sounds like age and time factors dictate things.
Regards
BrianC
Brianc

Postby Black » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:21 pm

I would definitely advise renting for a few months, Spain is not for everyone. It's true that a rented property does not feel so much like home, but if it's only relatively short term it's not a problem.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Next