Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Moving to Quesada

Moving to Quesada

Postby Vickie71 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi. Me and my husband are finally going to begin our new life and we would be so grateful for any advice. We are going to be coming out in September. We have decided to rent for six months to make sure that Spain is right for us. Will we have to have NIE to rent? Is it easier to obtain in Spain or should we apply for it in England? We have so many questions and we thank you in advance for any help you can give us. Thank you. Vickie & John.
Vickie71

Re: Moving to Quesada

Postby Black » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:28 pm

You don't need an NIE to rent, although some unscrupulous agents will tell you that you do (and offer to obtain it for you at an exorbitant price).

The biggest problem with renting is finding somewhere. Most landlords are more interested in lucrative short term holiday lets.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Vickie71 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:33 pm

Thank you for your help. Do you have the name of any estate agents that do rentals. Vickie and John.
Vickie71

Postby PeteKnight » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:45 pm

Personally, I would apply for NIE numbers if you’re likely to stay. I’m told that there is a very long wait for appointments (several months) at the moment in Spain, so I’d apply in the UK if I were you.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Vickie71 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Thank you for your reply. We were initially just going to buy, but after reading the comments on the forum we have decided to rent for six months first. I will look into the process of obtaining NIE here. Thank again. Vickie and John.
Vickie71

Postby marcliff » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 pm

If you go through an agent, you will typically pay from €250 to one month's rent in commission.
There are quite a few sites that list direct from the owner and many will be offering from mid September to June as a long let. They will then put the prices up in June to get the summer prices which could be as much for a week as for a month out of summer.
There's a property section on here which could be a good start (at the top = Properties then Properties to rent)
Another good site that has quite a lot of rentals by owner on it is another Spanish expat chat site so I'm not sure if I can post the link to it on here so I won't for the moment.

Long term rentals (over a year) and the owner does not need a licence to advertise it but do need an Energy Performance Certificate. Under a year and a licence is required so check they put a licence number on it.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Vickie71 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Thanks for the advice. The sale of our house is going through so unfortunately I don't have an exact date to start searching. I will look on the forum in property to rent when I have a date. I don't think that it will be any later than September though. Your advice is appreciated. Vickie and John.
Vickie71

Postby Espanabums » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:44 pm

If I might make a suggestion. It is a lot easier to find a suitable rental if you are here and not relying on one agent to select a few places for you to view.

In September the Summer season is coming to an end and holiday rentals are somewhat cheaper, perhaps you could reserve some holiday accommodation for 6 weeks in order for you to enjoy living in Spain whilst searching for a property to rent.

That way you can also tour around any areas you come across that may have a rental sign on them with a telephone number.

Just a thought
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby Vickie71 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:51 pm

That's a really good idea. Thank you for taking the time to respond. As soon as we have a definite date we will be able to look into every possibility. Thanks again Vickie and John.
Vickie71

Postby Pipsyspup » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:35 pm

Contact Hope Properties, we ha e rented with them 3 time. Now bought
Pipsyspup

Which part of Spain are you from?: MANCHESTER

Next