Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

BUYING A CAR

BUYING A CAR

Postby Luckylouise » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi we have been looking at a few cars at some dealerships and none of them seem to want to budge on their prices - is this normal for spain?
Luckylouise

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesa

Re: BUYING A CAR

Postby scubydoo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:51 pm

Yes! but try inland a bit Elche etc may be a little different.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby kenny07 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:45 am

Hyundia in Elche are doing some great deals on cars at moment, my partner ordered one yesterday.
kenny07

Which part of Spain are you from?: ciudad quesada

Postby Murt » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:30 pm

I was in a main dealer in Elche a month ago. Told the salesman that I wanted to buy a new small car for cash. All he wanted to do was get me to buy the car using PCP. Told me it was the cheapest way to buy the car. Iet him lead me on for a while. He told me the max amount I could put down. The he told me the monthly repayments. The I asked how much the final payment was. He gave me all the figures. Then I pointed to a calculator and made him add all the numbers up for me. Turns ou, that despite what he had initially told me, it was e2,000 more expensive to use PCP than to pay straight cash. I'm not bad with numbers, yet I still needed his calculator to work out that the deal he was offering was completely rubbish. All he and the garage were interested in was the size of the kickback they were getting from the finance company. Luckily I wasn't really in the market.

I went to another main dealer across the road. Told him that I wanted a newish 2nd hand car. They hadn't got the specs that I wanted in stock in the garage, but they had 2, one owner, 30,000km, 24 month old models in another branch. We discussed price etc, then I asked how much these cars were if I wanted to buy them with the same SPECS, brand new for cash. I could buy them for e3,000 cheaper.

That depreciation is mad. It just shows that the 2nd hand car market is completely broken. In the circumstances, you would be totally mad to buy a 2nd hand car from a garagw
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby kenny07 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:08 pm

My partner put her car in part ex. which we had valued as 4200€ as part ex. by independent valuation on line.
List price of car ordered was 13,715€. Final figure quoted was 6,900 € as long as as long as we financed 6,500€ with them at a very reasonable rate, equivalent to the bank rate she was quoted by Bankia. So ended up as nearly half list price. We thought that was a very reasonable deal. Especially as she was offered 3300€ by another dealer against a car with a similar list price and a final figure of 8,700€ of which all had to be financed. I agree you shoudn't by a second hand car buy a new one and keep it for 5-6 years.
kenny07

Which part of Spain are you from?: ciudad quesada

Postby PeteKnight » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:22 pm

I was able to negotiate more than a 10% discount on a second hand car that I bought from a dealer.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:02 am

Murt wrote:I was in a main dealer in Elche a month ago. Told the salesman that I wanted to buy a new small car for cash. All he wanted to do was get me to buy the car using PCP. Told me it was the cheapest way to buy the car. Iet him lead me on for a while. He told me the max amount I could put down. The he told me the monthly repayments. The I asked how much the final payment was. He gave me all the figures. Then I pointed to a calculator and made him add all the numbers up for me. Turns ou, that despite what he had initially told me, it was e2,000 more expensive to use PCP than to pay straight cash. I'm not bad with numbers, yet I still needed his calculator to work out that the deal he was offering was completely rubbish. All he and the garage were interested in was the size of the kickback they were getting from the finance company. Luckily I wasn't really in the market.

I went to another main dealer across the road. Told him that I wanted a newish 2nd hand car. They hadn't got the specs that I wanted in stock in the garage, but they had 2, one owner, 30,000km, 24 month old models in another branch. We discussed price etc, then I asked how much these cars were if I wanted to buy them with the same SPECS, brand new for cash. I could buy them for e3,000 cheaper.

That depreciation is mad. It just shows that the 2nd hand car market is completely broken. In the circumstances, you would be totally mad to buy a 2nd hand car from a garagw
Yes your right,i had the same experience down Elche car road,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Liz & Gordon » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:42 pm

kenny07 wrote:Hyundia in Elche are doing some great deals on cars at moment, my partner ordered one yesterday.

kenny07
Car ordered , is it cash upfront or deposit then balance on delivery, hope you dont mind asking.
Liz & Gordon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Scotland

Postby Murt » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:04 am

Sorry to drag up an old post, but I remembered writing about my visit to main dealerships in Elche and being stunned at how blatant the rip offs seemed.

Anyway, here's an American video that I came across about how to proceed in auto dealerships work in the post internet age. Cash is still king, but you have to play your cards much differently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLxVyeF ... e=youtu.be
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:54 pm

We bought a new Dacia Stepway from Renault, Elche. Credit card for
Deposit accepted But no credit card for final payment...cash, bank transfer but our bank in the UK recommended using our debit card. We were not going to be home to do the paperwork/ signature for bank transfer so the debit card was our only option.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Next