Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Christmas

Christmas

Postby TonTri » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:38 pm

I know it's a little way off yet but it will be our first Christmas in Quesada and wondered if anyone could recommend somewhere nice to go for a traditional Christmas lunch. Also do taxis operate on Christmas Day otherwise it will need to have or be near accommodation as well? Not Benidorm.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Christmas

Postby qwerty » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:08 am

good morning Tontris

If your talking traditional Spanish Christmas,

Then you will be having your Christmas dinner on the 24th, then off to mass and after mass, walking the streets banging your drum till dawn, apparently singing its a good night not to sleep !!!

25th is spent sleeping,,, don't know why ! But I like the way this is going,,,, followed by seafood, I think there maybe a translation break down there with the brits and old 'See Food' joke.

28th is the Day of the innocent saints,,,, The day we remember all the babies killed by King Herod and is similar to April fools day in the Uk,

31st, have 12 grapes to hand, if you can eat them all at the stroke of midnight, then the following year will be a good one for you.

Then the 6th of January is when the three kings have arrived, Traditionally, this is when the kids open their gifts or presents and Spanish families get together and have another great feast, most restaurants are booked months in advance for the Three Kings.

Anyway if you fancy an nice prepared cooked Christmas dinner, been told De silva's done a good spread last Christmas, it was recommended on here and by my neighbours,

Personally, I prefer my own traditional home cooked dinner with all the trimming, crackers and goodies for afters, or sometimes,,, maybe a nice indian takeway brought the night before and heated up in the microwave enjoyed with a few ice cold beers and a bit of Only fools on the Tv.

Also, taxi's do operate on the 25th, Allows them to have the whole of January off !!!

Kind regards

Betty
qwerty

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby TonTri » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:06 am

:text-thankyouyellow: Thanks Betty, that's really informative. I knew the Spanish celebrated on Christmas Eve but I didnt know they slept on the 25th :o. I also wasnt aware of the celebrations on the 28th or kids not opening their gifts until the 6th Jan. Dont think my grandkids would be happy with that idea.

Actually it was a traditional British Christmas dinner I was after. I have always cooked our own but I thought this year with just the 2 of us it might make a nice change to go somewhere and let someone else do it. If the taxis are working we could just go out for the meal rather than having to stay away overnight. Maybe after a couple of Christmas's here we just might try the Spanish way, you never know ;) .
TonTri

Postby scubydoo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:47 am

Lots of places do the Christmas dinner & charge a fortune for it so if you really don't want to cook or do the Spanish thing you will have to dig deep LOL the one thing I would say is when you decide where you want to go book early as lots of the places get booed up even the ones that charge 65 euros per head!.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:10 am

Los Rosales Spanish restaurant on the lemon tree road, do a English xmas day dinner,on xmas day with entertainment ,been twice over the years think its around 25€.go for a menu del dia €10 and ask, or just go in and ask,Also theres plenty Spanish places do a menu especial on xmas day for the Spanish people,have a ride out,to the villages, test a few Spanish resturants and ask what they do at xmas,from Rojales village ,just off top my head theres 12 Spanish restaurant's within 30mins walk to other nearby villages
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby TonTri » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:45 am

scubydoo wrote:Lots of places do the Christmas dinner & charge a fortune for it so if you really don't want to cook or do the Spanish thing you will have to dig deep LOL the one thing I would say is when you decide where you want to go book early as lots of the places get booed up even the ones that charge 65 euros per head!.

Eeek, I wasn't thinking of paying €65 a head! At that price I will definitely cook our own. I was hoping for more like €25-€30 each.
TonTri

Postby TonTri » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:49 am

GLASSMAN wrote:Los Rosales Spanish restaurant on the lemon tree road, do a English xmas day dinner,on xmas day with entertainment ,been twice over the years think its around 25€.go for a menu del dia €10 and ask, or just go in and ask,Also theres plenty Spanish places do a menu especial on xmas day for the Spanish people,have a ride out,to the villages, test a few Spanish resturants and ask what they do at xmas,from Rojales village ,just off top my head theres 12 Spanish restaurant's within 30mins walk to other nearby villages

Cheers Glassman, I will put Los Rosales on the list of potentials. Unfortunately we are in the UK until the end of October but I was a bit concerned that places might get booked up early like they do in the UK. Also my husband has PAD so cant walk more than about 25 metres before needing to rest so walking somewhere is out of the question unfortunately.
TonTri

Postby Marymount » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:57 am

La Cosecha is a lovely venue BUT you willl have to book NOW as they are very popular . English people run it and fantastic food ! Tel 966194018.
Regards
Pea pod
Marymount

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby lance » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:17 am

Nothing wrong with Benidorm at Christmas, but we have gone off the hotels that do gala dinners etc. We now prefer hotel with buffet type meals so we can eat just what we like. Christmas day walking along the sea front, stopping for a coffee etc, surrounded by happy people makes for a nice day. Better than sitting alone watching TV after spending a fortune on an expensive chrismas dinner in Quesada
lance

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa. Quesada

Postby TonTri » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:21 am

Pea pod wrote:La Cosecha is a lovely venue BUT you willl have to book NOW as they are very popular . English people run it and fantastic food ! Tel 966194018.
Regards
Pea pod

Thanks for that Peapod. I've just checked it out on Trip Advisor and it gets very good reviews. Will put the suggestion to my husband and see what he says. If he agrees I will give them a ring.
TonTri

Next