Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Electric Fuses Stolen -question

Electric Fuses Stolen -question

Postby RozMc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:43 am

please can anyone help? Our neighbours have had their fuses stolen from the box on their outside wall again. Does anyone know if I am allowed to replace them and secure and lock the box ( the current claps have broken), or is this the property of the electric company and should they be doing this? This is the second time in a few months that this has happened to them and I am sure the thieves will be back unless secured. thanks in advance for any info.
RozMc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Electric Fuses Stolen -question

Postby Roach » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:06 pm

RozMc wrote:please can anyone help? Our neighbours have had their fuses stolen from the box on their outside wall again. Does anyone know if I am allowed to replace them and secure and lock the box ( the current claps have broken), or is this the property of the electric company and should they be doing this? This is the second time in a few months that this has happened to them and I am sure the thieves will be back unless secured. thanks in advance for any info.

My understanding is that from the supply to the meter is the electric company's problem. From the meter to your house is your problem. I would get your neighbour to contact the electric company tbh.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby wobblypete » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:38 pm

Where i used to live for 8 years this was a regular occurence, non resident owners would come out for their holidays then return to their country of origin, the electric company would then send them the Bill & if not paid would remove the fuses, not everyone pays through the Bank. eventually the owners would return, find no electricity & then simply take someone elses. Contact iberdrola & ask them to make it secure. you probably have to pay as the Electric boxes belong to the people who have their meters in them, which is why i cannot understand why owners let them rust away rather than give them the occaisional coat of Hammerite.
wobblypete

Postby RozMc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Thank you for the replies and suggestions :text-thankyouyellow:
RozMc

Postby Pete31 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:08 pm

wobblypete wrote:Where i used to live for 8 years this was a regular occurence, non resident owners would come out for their holidays then return to their country of origin, the electric company would then send them the Bill & if not paid would remove the fuses, not everyone pays through the Bank. eventually the owners would return, find no electricity & then simply take someone elses. Contact iberdrola & ask them to make it secure. you probably have to pay as the Electric boxes belong to the people who have their meters in them, which is why i cannot understand why owners let them rust away rather than give them the occaisional coat of Hammerite.

Yes same as in the UK the box and door are your responsibility for maintenance.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos