Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

mobile homes

Re: mobile homes

Postby 2Sheds » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:45 am

Also interested in the possibility of a mobile / park home.

We have a flat in the UK along with our small villa in Benimar.

Up to now we've been lucky with neighbours and noise. Detached in Spain and nice people living above us in the UK.
Unfortunately the latter are moving and have decided to rent their flat.

Selling the flat and moving to a mobile in the UK could be attractive from the point of view of being detached.

The other option is selling our villa to buy a mobile in Spain, which would free up cash to buy say a small bungalow in the UK.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby scubydoo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:47 pm

2Sheds wrote:Also interested in the possibility of a mobile / park home.

We have a flat in the UK along with our small villa in Benimar.

Up to now we've been lucky with neighbours and noise. Detached in Spain and nice people living above us in the UK.
Unfortunately the latter are moving and have decided to rent their flat.

Selling the flat and moving to a mobile in the UK could be attractive from the point of view of being detached.

The other option is selling our villa to buy a mobile in Spain, which would free up cash to buy say a small bungalow in the UK.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Hi we originally thought of buying a mobile home in Spain and did lots of research 10 years ago, in an area like this we found yearly rent to be 3 to 3.5K so if you think of the cost over a 10 year period in rent then you have gas and elec to factor in! so we decided on a villa on which after purchase only cost 500 Per year to keep!
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby mariellana » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 pm

I lived in a Static caravan for 11 years prior to moving into my rented Bungalow. I also have a house in CALLOSA DE SEGURA for 11 years . the caravan depreciated quite a lot , like the house in Callosa . I only received half the price of the caravan when the site managers bought it from me . The sit fees where getting more expensive every year , so I decided to sell before the caravan would be worth nothing.
I enjoyed my life in the caravan and would suggest that you think twice before you waste your money.
My son has just bought himself a motor home and has been spending the last week cleaning it , he is taking it over to the IOM TO USE AS A HOLIDAY HOME . especially for the TT RACE WEEKS , and of course his fishing trips.
I hope you find the answer to your deciding what and were you buying . Have you thought about renting a Park home in the different locations in the UK.
mariellana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Callosa de segura

Postby sailorpedal » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:30 pm

Pont 1. Generally speaking, a mobile home in Spain is better insulated than the typical Spanish new build house,which has no insulation. So you are warmer in winter, which as you know, can be pretty cold at times.
Point 2. If you find the right, mobile park, you will find plenty of other ex-pats to speak to, unlike some urbanisations which can be ghost towns in winter.
Point 3. Again on the right site there is normally a guarded entrance gate to give a much higher level of security than the average urbanisation.
Point 4. Where can you buy a house for £30,000?

I have to agree with the comments about having one in the UK though, very expensive, with a compulsory renewal every 10 years, but in Spain, give me a static every time.
The OP who said get a cheap terraced house, (or a flat) in the UK, is quite right.
sailorpedal

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel de Sal

Postby richardlionheart » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Static mobiles are a money pit, because the site owners have literally got you by the balls

We bought a new unit, cost us £22,000 on the East Coast

We paid £2,200 ground rent. Bottled gas you HAD to buy from them, it was very expensive, £65 for a 5 foot tall bottle of propane

We sold it three years later, when my mother died, to move here. We were offered £7,000. You cant sell it to anyone else, effectively, because then we woudl have had to pay the site owner 15% of the sale price, and the buy would have had to spend £6000 to relocate it, or a years ground rent. Second hand static homes have almost no value

SO, in three years we used it maybe 20 times for 2-7 days. The cost was £13,000 plus 3 x £2200 = £19,600 so roughly £200 a day useage. We might as well have paid to stay in a posh hotel every time.

Unless you are going to live in it for 6 months of the year, or you buy a second hand one dirt cheap, its not worth it. And if you do buy a second hand one, be aware a lot of site will evict the van once it gets to 20 years old. They dont want tatty old vans on thier sites.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby Algorfaista » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:15 pm

Probably buying a static caravan or mobile home has to be the MOST EFFICIENT way to throw money down the drain, depreciation and running costs are terrible in all countries, the only winners are the site owners
Algorfaista

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby A.N.Other » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:53 pm

In UK I'd agree with you but not necessarily in Spain, have you ever owned or even lived in one here, I would guess not if you're that convinced that they are such a terrible idea everywhere?

In any case not everybody wants to buy into bricks and mortar.
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Previous