Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Postby jennyspain » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:39 am

Hi can anyone recommend a health insurance
jennyspain

Re: Health Insurance

Postby Jan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:49 am

jennyspain wrote:Hi can anyone recommend a health insurance

This company advertise with us and are reputable and have good reports. Worth a look:

http://www.granalacantinsurances.com/healtinsurance.htm
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:54 am

Sol bank do a competitive health insurance plan suitable for applying for residencia,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Paulr » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Unfortunately, it's one of those things that none of us really know whether Health Insurers are good until they have to make a claim, but some things to be aware of when comparing quotes:

- Cheap premiums don't necessarily mean the insurance is good value for money: it can often mean that the insured is excluded for pre-existing conditions, hence the lower premium.

- If you need cover to support a Residency application, you will need to pay one year in advance to obtain the certificate required by the Spanish authorities.

- Basic cover and insurance that requires or allows co-payments (the insured making a contribution to any claim) is not sufficient for Residency.

We've recently obtained a quotation for Health Insurance from the company Jan recommends - they offered us cover with Salus. We also obtained a quotation from ASSSA via Jennifer Cunningham brokers in Benijofar:

http://www.jennifercunningham.net/healt ... nce-spain/

Good luck!
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby sunworshipper » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:25 pm

We contacted Gran Alicante insurances ( as Jan recommends) and arranged our Health Insurance through them. They are very helpful and informative and can recommend them
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Barry Cooper » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:47 am

Hi, my wife and I will be staying in Quesada from October through to June and I'm wondering if our EHIC cards and normal travel insurance would suffice or do we need to look at private insurance for our stay? .I'm of pensionable age but my wife isn't. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards Barryand Kathy.
Barry Cooper

Postby TonTri » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:06 am

I dont think the EHIC cards have a time limit to them so they should be ok, but you will need to check you travel insurance terms and conditions as most will only cover you for 30-60 days.

We're coming out for 5 months in the winter this year and I am looking at long term insurance policies you can get to cover you for up to a year. https://www.money.co.uk/travel-insuranc ... urance.htm
TonTri

Postby marcliff » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:30 am

Barry Cooper wrote:Hi, my wife and I will be staying in Quesada from October through to June and I'm wondering if our EHIC cards and normal travel insurance would suffice or do we need to look at private insurance for our stay? .I'm of pensionable age but my wife isn't. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards Barryand Kathy.

If you are staying that long (9 months) then you should declare yourself resident as you are exceeding the 6 months in any one year stay. This is signing on the register of EU foreigners residing in Spain.
You should transfer your health cover from UK to Spain by contacting the Overseas Healthcare team at Newcastle on 0191 218 1999. They will arrange an S1 form for you (you need your NI numbers) and you will then be covered in Spain under the Spanish NHS.
As you are of pensionable age, your wife will be covered as a beneficiary and will also be covered for healthcare.
Although you are transferring your healthcare, you will still be covered in UK on the strength of the S1 form.

If you phone Newcastle, they will ask a couple of questions and will forward the completed forms to your Spanish address so they are ready on arrival. You then take out residency and take the forms (make sure you take a copy) to the lady at Rojales town hall (where you will need to sign on the padron) who will give you a temporary SIP card and she will process the forms through the health system and you will receive a permanent card a little while later.
Newcastle will also forward you new EHIC which are valid in any EU country outside of Spain (you will have a SIP card for Spain so won't need one).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby TonTri » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:43 am

:text-goodpost: I didnt check it was over 6 months the poster was talking about - Doh!!
TonTri

Postby Janjan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:01 am

Barry Cooper - it a lot more complicated than people think when deciding to live in Spain for X amount of months. You need to do more research about this. The Internet is very informative.
The UK is much more flexible. Too easy a lot of people say.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Next