Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Driving licence ban.

Re: Driving licence ban.

Postby Bunnyrabbit » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:32 pm

You can drive a motorcycle/scooter up to 125 cc on a car licence. Obviously she now hasn't now got a licence so the answer is no!
Bunnyrabbit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby manxmunk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:49 am

She may be able to operate an invalidity scooter on the Urb, but I would suspect that she wouldn't be able to use one on public roads. Personally I think she should bite the bullet, and except that she has committed a serious offence, and thankfully no innocent parties were injured as a result of this, and take the time she has without a licence to reflect on her stupid behaviour. (before anybody starts calling me every heartless t**t on this planet), I had to deal with the aftermath of drink drivers when I was serving in the armed forces, not a pleasant experience telling somebody their loved ones have been killed by a drink driver.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby AlanJJ » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:41 am

Ditto.no time for drink drivers,
AlanJJ

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:44 am

You don't need a licence for a mobility scooter so she could use one
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:31 am

Since the rules changed in 2015 to standardise licences throughout the EU, you do indeed need a licence to ride a moped under 50cc. Before that you didn't require one.
Con el nuevo reglamento, la licencia de ciclomotor (vehículos de hasta 50cc de cilindrada) pasó a denominarse Permiso de Conducir AM. La edad mínima para sacarse este permiso es de 15 años, a diferencia del antiguo reglamento, que fijaba una edad mínima de 14 años.
or
With the new regulation, the moped license (vehicles up to 50cc displacement) was renamed Driving Permit AM. The minimum age to get this permit is 15 years, unlike the old regulation, which set a minimum age of 14 years.

She would need to sit a written test first and then apply for the Driving Permit AM which I doubt would be provided if she is banned from driving.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Benjamin1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:34 am

Why not try an electric bike?
Benjamin1

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:55 pm

For the member who may wonder where their comment went on the wrongs of drinking and driving.

This topic asked a question and that question is and has been helpfully answered. What a topic like this doesn't need are comments on the wrongs of drink driving - We all know about that and it doesn't help the original poster who asked a question.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Return to Quesada general discussion