Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

SABADELL BANK

Re: SABADELL BANK

Postby suzi wong » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Jan wrote:
suzi wong wrote:
colingriffiths wrote:No problems with Sabadell bank. Internet banking, telephone notification of withdrawals and no yearly fee. Plus money back on bills ( electric water etc)
h

Only if you pay in over €700

Its not only those who pay 700 in each month - We are non residents without 700 euros or any lump sum going in each month and get all the above except the money back on bills.

All Spanish banks have fees and each bank has special accounts that cuts down on fees to suit individual circumstances. We are happy with Sabadell and have had no problems.

Hi Jan, what do they call the account with Sabadell which is fee free & you don't have to pay in 700euro per month,as i need to go & ask for it, thanks.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Jan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:52 pm

[/quote]Hi Jan, what do they call the account with Sabadell which is fee free & you don't have to pay in 700euro per month,as i need to go & ask for it, thanks.[/quote]

It's a normal Non Resident current account. We do pay the monthly fee of course but don't have to pay 700 a month or any lump sum to get 'Internet banking, telephone notification of withdrawals'. Also free transactions and free ATM withdrawals at certain machines.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby PGA » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Jan wrote:
Hi Jan, what do they call the account with Sabadell which is fee free & you don't have to pay in 700euro per month,as i need to go & ask for it, thanks.[/quote]

It's a normal Non Resident current account. We do pay the monthly fee of course but don't have to pay 700 a month or any lump sum to get 'Internet banking, telephone notification of withdrawals'. Also free transactions and free ATM withdrawals at certain machines.[/quote]

Your's is the standard €10PCM account I take it Jan? So is there an alternative account whereby you pay in €700 PCM and get the account gratis?
PGA

Postby suzi wong » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:43 pm

PGA wrote:
Jan wrote:
Hi Jan, what do they call the account with Sabadell which is fee free & you don't have to pay in 700euro per month,as i need to go & ask for it, thanks.

It's a normal Non Resident current account. We do pay the monthly fee of course but don't have to pay 700 a month or any lump sum to get 'Internet banking, telephone notification of withdrawals'. Also free transactions and free ATM withdrawals at certain machines.[/quote]

Your's is the standard €10PCM account I take it Jan? So is there an alternative account whereby you pay in €700 PCM and get the account gratis?[/quote]

PGA, there is an expansion account at Sabadell where if you pay in 700euro a month you do get free banking & money back on certain direct debits like utilities etc. You just go into the bank & ask to be transfered onto it.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby sasbambam » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:20 am

We use Sabadell Bank in Benijofar. We pay 800 a month into it because we have a mortgage with them and all our bills come out of that account. The only problem we had was when I needed to get a refund for service a charge paid to Superbeam but didn’t receive the service. It took over a month for the bank to refund it. The paperwork they wanted was ridiculous. They certainly take their time. !!!!
sasbambam

Which part of Spain are you from?: benimar

Postby Jan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:06 am

sasbambam wrote:We use Sabadell Bank in Benijofar. We pay 800 a month into it because we have a mortgage with them and all our bills come out of that account. The only problem we had was when I needed to get a refund for service a charge paid to Superbeam but didn’t receive the service. It took over a month for the bank to refund it. The paperwork they wanted was ridiculous. They certainly take their time. !!!!

I think you will find all banks take a time to issue refunds, that's why it best, where possible, to pay by credit card as the credit card companies generally refund first then investigate. Banks do the opposite!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Paul58 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Jan wrote:
Hi Jan, what do they call the account with Sabadell which is fee free & you don't have to pay in 700euro per month,as i need to go & ask for it, thanks.[/quote]

The normal non resident account is known as the "key" account and now charges €140 per year! (€35 per quarter)

By law Sabadell, and other Spanish banks, have to offer a basic account that only charges a max of €3 per month (€36 per year) from 26th March 2019. See https://www.bancsabadell.com/cs/Satellite/SabAtl/Basic-payment-account/6000034843962/en/ .....Why not pop down to change your account.

Sabadell offer a good service for their non resident accounts but charge an exorbitant fee for doing so.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Simona » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi,
will you keep the same account number in case you change from key account to ‘normal’ account for €3/monthly?
Does anybody know?
Regards,
Simone
Simona

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Palacios

Postby Paul58 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:25 pm

Simona wrote:Hi,
will you keep the same account number in case you change from key account to ‘normal’ account for €3/monthly?
Does anybody know?
Regards,
Simone

I suspect not. It looks like you'll have to close any other bank accounts you have in Spain before you can open the "basic account". From https://www.bancsabadell.com/cs/Satellite/SabAtl/Basic-payment-account/6000034843962/en/ ..... "To sign up for this account, the holder must sign the account contract in a branch of Banco Sabadell and declare that he or she does not hold another payment account in Spain."

I'd be interested to hear from any other non resident banking with other banks on whether they are offering a similar account. They should be from 25th March 2019 according to CAB....https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/basic-bank-account-commission-capped-at-3-euros-month/

This is aimed at NON RESIDENTS....... Residents have access to bank accounts that don't charge (T&C's apply)
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby diesel » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:39 pm

Has anyone tried to change their Banco Sabadell Key account to the Basic account as I would be interested if you keep the same account number and Debit Card - looking to change to this account in May - can anyone advise please - appreciate your input anyone ? :)
diesel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Pepin

PreviousNext