Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

SABADELL BANK

SABADELL BANK

Postby suzi wong » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Good Afternoon,
I take it it's not only me & my mate that's having problems with Sabadell bank transfers this week. Regular transfers done tuesday & money left U K accounts, it's now saturday afternoon & no euros in Spanish accounts. The only answers you get from the branch are there is a problem with computers. What did they blame before computerisation? For 120 euro a year charges the service is diabolical. Looking for a cheaper bank,anyone know any, bearing in mind we don't transfer enough to qualify for free banking.Who would pay if not sufficient money in account to pad D Debits because oftheir incompitance?
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Re: SABADELL BANK

Postby jpeg » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Join Transferwise and open a Borderless account with them get a debit card and use that to withdraw money from any ATM and pay any direct debits from the account then no need for a spanish bank account just transfer funds to the Borderless account in euros from UK account
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby suzi wong » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:16 pm

jpeg, is the account free & who transfers the direct debits. Don't need to draw cash as i use my UK Santander account for that,its free to use in Santander ATM & get Libor bank rate exchange.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby valenciasman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:56 pm

Santander is the cheapest way to transfer money to Euros but Santander ATM are very rare. I used that for over 5 years driving to Punta Prima then discovered Transferwise. Small charge but paid into local Sabadell. Much more convenient.
valenciasman

Which part of Spain are you from?: villamartin

Postby jpeg » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:39 am

suzi wong wrote:jpeg, is the account free & who transfers the direct debits. Don't need to draw cash as i use my UK Santander account for that,its free to use in Santander ATM & get Libor bank rate exchange.
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby MALTHOM » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:18 am

Try 'transfer-wise'. Have been through several similar brokers over the years, and they are the best, and easiest to use. Regarding Spanish banks, we left Sabadell because the service was not that good and the service costs too high. Have look at Caja-Rural.
MALTHOM

Which part of Spain are you from?: Monteazul

Postby valenciasman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:29 am

Sabadell I find first class. In fact I have suggested several UK banks that I use, HSBC and Santander adopt the system Sabadell use of texting me when withdrawals from ATMs are made. Good security. I also checked out that they are on top of the SIM swap scam.
valenciasman

Which part of Spain are you from?: villamartin

Postby TonTri » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:10 am

valenciasman wrote:Sabadell I find first class. In fact I have suggested several UK banks that I use, HSBC and Santander adopt the system Sabadell use of texting me when withdrawals from ATMs are made. Good security. I also checked out that they are on top of the SIM swap scam.

I too have no complaints regarding Sabadell. I do all my banking online using their phone app and have found it hassle free so far (touch wood). Whenever we've had reason to go into the branch in Quesada we have found their service excellent, ok maybe have to queue a while at times but once at the counter all the staff have been very helpful.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Sandrala » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:11 am

We also use transferwise ,saberdell bank is very expensive charging for cards etc anyone know of a cheaper bank or are they all much of a muchness?
Sandrala

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Gasplumbman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:15 am

I to have no complaints about my Sabadell reminds me of my old bank 40 years ago when people listened and were polite and efficient
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Next