Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

driving from england to quesada

driving from england to quesada

Postby Gary & Julie » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:25 am

hi im re-locating from kent to quesada in sept and wuill be travelling with my 2 dogs can anyone advise on the best route to take (quickest please) thanks
Gary & Julie

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: driving from england to quesada

Postby Gasplumbman » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:07 am

My son does the Newhaven to dieppe ferry which left about 10 at night,left dieppe 5-6 in morning think its 200 miles nearer Spain drove straight down through Pyrenees via I think Zaragoza,normally arrived in Torreveijca 22.00 ish stopped for 4 1/2 breaks it's a long hard drive for one but good roads using tolls 120€ anout
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Postby Benjy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:46 am

If you live in Kent and want the quickest route to Quesada then it’s a no brainier. Take the shuttle.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby marcliff » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:46 am

marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby JohnES » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:14 am

It is definitely better to use the channel tunnel from where you are, especially with a dog.
When we made inquiries to come across the channel the ferries would allow dogs on board but they had to remain in the car.
At the France side you are straight onto a motorway and do not have to find your way out of the port.
We found going around Paris rather scary but it was rush hour and we did not have sat. nav.
There are a few options regarding travelling through France but I think it best to head for Perpignon and then come straight down the motorway through the east coast of Spain.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Johnca » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:46 am

Ourselves and many others from the east side of UK,Newcastle Suffolk Essex Kent all use the shuttle and then Rouen Poitiers cross boarder at bairitz pamplona Zaragoza etc etc. some 1 overnight some 2/3 overnight stops,most have dogs with them. Use toll roads mostly but very often A roads run parallel to motorway. Hope this helps
Johnca

Which part of Spain are you from?: Hornchurch/doña Pepa

Postby Gary & Julie » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:53 am

thanks guys id planned to use the shuttle anyway
Gary & Julie

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby djw » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:13 am

We used to travel 3 or 4 times a year by car and johnca has the similar route to us but the OH hates paying tolls so we would avoid them. We travelled to Bordeaux stayed in the premiere classe around the perimeter and then travelled down the next day. Easy now the roads in Spain are good. Most motels take dogs, some free others 5 euros.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby Allanm » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi , I am thinking about taking train to ...? from Alicante to Scotland ,and buying a van in London on the way ,I don’t know what is the best way ,but I am taking the “road/ train route , because I am taking my dog ...which is where the main problem may happen ...ie are dogs allowed on shuttle or ferries without being in a car ? Thanks in advance :-)
Allanm

Which part of Spain are you from?: Petrer

Postby JohnES » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:39 pm

If you are not aware of it you can use the VIAMICHELIN.COM route planner. It may give you 2 or 3 options from which to choose.
It will give you the mileage, the time taken and the cost including tolls.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next