Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Apple Pay now available

Apple Pay now available

Postby AlicanteDesign » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:23 pm

The Spanish banks and credit card companies have activated Apple Pay.

What is it?
It’s a contactless payment system linked to your bank/credit card.

All you need is an iPhone newer than iPhone 6 and/or Apple Watch (NFC chip). Use your existing card registered with Apple or add a new card with the phone camera. Once a card is added the bank will send a pin number to activate the card or require a phone call. Cards are added to Apple Watch through the iPhone. Once activated Apple Watch can be used for payments without the iPhone being present.

To make a payment all you do is double tap the iPhone home button (thumb print ID) and hold near the payment terminal. On authorisation the iPhone gives a record of where and when the payment was made. Apple Watch is the same, double tap the side button and hold near the terminal.

I’ve been using Apple Pay for about 1 month. It’s convenient. First time I used my Apple Watch in Carrefour. Confused the check out girl for a moment. Until she realised it was a wireless phone transaction.

It’s a convenient way to make payments. I go for petrol no more digging about for my wallet, card or cash. Some petrol pumps are wireless enabled, just wave my watch at the sensor on the pump or go inside and use the payment terminal.

You can use your iPhone or Apple Watch anywhere the wireless transaction logo is displayed.

Anyone else using contactless payment and do you find it convenient?

Android pay is also available in Spain if you bank with BBVA. Other banks have their own version of wireless android payments.
AlicanteDesign

Re: Apple Pay now available

Postby camionpilot » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Something else to avoid .!!! ;)
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada