Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pool leak

Re: Pool leak

Postby Jordy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Thanks all. I shall pass on your views & recommendations. Let's see how it goes.
:text-thankyouyellow:
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby iant » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:48 pm

I had the same problem with slight leakage to the drain. Check you multi port valve ( the one you change to backwash etc). Turned out the rubber seal was not quite right. took the top off (6 screws) replaced it and no problem since.
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby Jordy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:52 am

iant wrote:I had the same problem with slight leakage to the drain. Check you multi port valve ( the one you change to backwash etc). Turned out the rubber seal was not quite right. took the top off (6 screws) replaced it and no problem since.

Nice one Ian. We'll check that out. Thanks.
Jordy

Postby JohnES » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:10 am

I had a similar thought that it might be the valve on the outlet pipe. This valve should be opened when you do the backwash and rinse and then closed again, If it is left open, water will drain from the pool.
JohnES

Postby Zumba with Angie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:54 am

Definitely Leak Tech, they are very efficient and very tidy - leave it pristine so you don't have to clear up if any tiles need to be removed/relaid!
Zumba with Angie

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby JohnES » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:45 am

To Benjy,
Wow, an inch a day. That sounds excessive. Did you really mean per day ?
I do not expect my pool level to go down by more than two tiles (the small ones) in a week.
That is due to evaporation, wind and doing the backwash.
Last edited by JohnES on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnES

Postby Benjy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:12 am

Yes about 5-6 inches per week. We get a lot of wind coming off the fields. No pool cover. I’m not to bothered about that cos I think the price of water is quite reasonable.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby JohnES » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:45 am

To Benjy,
I think that you must have a leak. You can always do the suggested bucket test. It won't cost you anything.
JohnES

Postby Jordy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:42 am

Update
I know you have all been sat at the edge of your seats wondering how this topic ended.
I passed on all of your comments & suggestions. The one thing that hadn't been considered
was the incorrect seating of the multi-port control handle which had been used a few days previously.
It was given a couple of circuits in a clockwise direction then set back to it's Filtration position. Observation
over the last 2 or 3 days has seen the water seepage disappear & the outlet return to it's dry state. Phew!
Thanks to everybody that contributed & especially to iant who pointed us toward the multi-port.
Jordy
Jordy

Postby Jan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Jordy wrote:Update
I know you have all been sat at the edge of your seats wondering how this topic ended.
I passed on all of your comments & suggestions. The one thing that hadn't been considered
was the incorrect seating of the multi-port control handle which had been used a few days previously.
It was given a couple of circuits in a clockwise direction then set back to it's Filtration position. Observation
over the last 2 or 3 days has seen the water seepage disappear & the outlet return to it's dry state. Phew!
Thanks to everybody that contributed & especially to iant who pointed us toward the multi-port.
Jordy

:text-goodpost:

Always good to know how things turned out and that help was on hand from our knowledgeable members.

:text-thankyouyellow:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

PreviousNext