Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pool leak

Pool leak

Postby Jordy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:15 am

A friend of mine 'suspects' he might have a swimming pool leak. He is doing the usual bucket test, etc.
However, should his suspicions prove correct, has anybody actually used and can recommend any of
the companies that advertise the investigation & repair of this type of thing? TIA.

Jordy
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Pool leak

Postby Benjy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:06 am

Might not be a leak. Mine is losing an inch of water per day just with evaporation in the hot sun.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby Jordy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:14 pm

Benjy wrote:Might not be a leak. Mine is losing an inch of water per day just with evaporation in the hot sun.

Thanks Benjy but we've already considered that one & normally that would be the case.
However, this pool is linked to a drainage pipe which is permanently bone dry. It has now
developed a very slight seepage out onto the pavement which doesn't bode well.
Jordy

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Whoever you use, make sure you get a receipt and are you covered on your insurance, if so they will send somebody down to check it out. My parents were not covered on their pool when they had a leak, cost them over 1000 euros on their water bill, they are insured now but only for certain things.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Espanabums » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:56 pm

The bucket test, for those that do not know, is to stand a part filled bucket of water on the step in the pool. Mark the water level of the water in the bucket and the water level of the pool where it comes to on the outside of the bucket. If the levels reduce at the same pace then there is no leak. If the level of the pool water reduces faster than the water in the bucket, then there is likely to be a leak.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby Jordy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Whoever you use, make sure you get a receipt and are you covered on your insurance, if so they will send somebody down to check it out. My parents were not covered on their pool when they had a leak, cost them over 1000 euros on their water bill, they are insured now but only for certain things.

Thanks Chrisdee. I'm not sure if he's considered whether or not he's covered on his insurance. We never
thought of that. I'll pass it on. Good thinking.
Jordy

Postby Paul Stotesbury » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Try my pool man Paul Cawte.

[email protected]

+34622233016
Paul Stotesbury

Postby Jordy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Paul Stotesbury wrote:Try my pool man Paul Cawte.

[email protected]

+34622233016

Cheers Paul.
Jordy

Postby milor » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Our neighbour used leak tech, they found the leak very quickly using dye, and repaired it underwater.
milor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Lindyloo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:23 pm

I agree, leak-tech are the best. Forget the bucket test and self diagnosis. A test would cost you 200 euros but we'll worth it. The expense is what you will need to do once the leak is found. Hey how, that's the Downside of owning a pool. Good luck.
Lindyloo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta II

Next