Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Quesada or Torrevieja?

Re: Quesada or Torrevieja?

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:21 am

A lot of young ones came out, didn't speak the language, couldn't get jobs, money run dry had to go back, you get help there. Old ones who have gone back it's probably because the woman misses the grandchildren or ill health. The health system is brilliant but if you need care you pay for it. Back in the uk you get assistance.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Marjim » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:57 pm

Neither of the 2,i bought a place in Quesada and hated the place,to many Brits same as in Torrevieja,now live in Los Montesinos in between the 2 places and we love it here,try it and see everything you need supermarkets,banks,Bars etc etc but with not so many Brits.
Marjim

Postby milor » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:16 pm

We moved from Torrevieja after 10 years there. Now our House Suma is half the price, the car Suma is 60 euros less and find it much quieter here in Benimar than Torry; where so many propsrties were holiday lets.
Less trafic here and a fantastic selection of restaurants which are all much cheaper than in Torry
milor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby stevechester » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:36 pm

propsrties?

Bar must open early! :D

Only joking, thanks for your input :text-thankyouyellow:
stevechester

Which part of Spain are you from?: UK

Postby David&Wendy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:47 pm

Wherever u buy beware of burglaries it seems they welcome Brits here with this crime Bars are not for keeping mosquitos out and alarms not for annoying neighbours David & Wendy Dona pepa
David&Wendy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa, Ciudad Qu

Postby Mac3blade » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Torrevieja is a peninsula ,on one side is what I refer to as the La Mata side and the other side is where the developers went crazy and built and built and continue to build. There are certainly a good many expats on that side going towards La Zenia, Cabo Roig and Playa Flamenca. One thing for sure, you will always find someone to chat to in a restaurant or cafe. On our side, there are far less English speaking people. We have a lot of Scandinavian people moving in over the past 5 years and other nationalities too.
We have the most beautiful beach, summer or winter,it brings great joy to me. There is a wonderful boardwalk where people promenade all day long, some walking their dogs, others walking for exercise some even cycling. During the winter months,we walk daily and always stop off for a coffee beside the beach. At night time,because the properties are privately owned, people tend to go to bed early and the place is quiet. We do not have any rentals at all near us that I am aware of. We park our car outside our gate and it is perfectly safe to walk to the local restaurants and shops even late at night. Yes, the bus service is excellent and cheap..€1.35 will take you wherever you are going. I cannot comment on the difference in cost of suma but it surely cannot be a fortune. Torrevieja is alive all year around. Walking along the seafront in the winter is special. So many people wLking along in a happy mood, many stopping for a drink , coffee or food. Certainly, we find that by 11 o’clock all restaurants are wishing you would leave. Torrevieja is not a noisy town and if it is, I have never seen this. There is an airport bus which runs on the hour and should you not wish to hire or drive a car,it is perfect and so cheap too. The drive from Alicante to Torrevieja is beautiful and both my husband and myself believe that buying on the La Mata side of a Torrevieja was the best thing we have ever done....16years and we spend 6 months there every year. I believe it is accurately called LIVING THE DREAM.

Quesada is also very nice and would suit if you plan to play a lot of golf...lovely course. Good luck.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby quizziecat » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:46 pm

There are quite a few areas just outside Torrevieja and have shops, bars, bakeriy and restaurants, etc. La Mata area for me is hilly, although the beach and boardwalk and market is lovely. It is flat around the salt lake areas near where I have a property, a good bus service into Torrevieja 20 mins or less, and it stops at the Carrefour, and short walk to the big shopping centre Habenaros. good luck on where you decide to retire too.
quizziecat

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

Postby MaggieG » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:36 pm

In my view Torrevieja is a nice place to visit for the day or evening but not to live it's very congested. I pick Quesada every time it's a great place to live. Good luck
MaggieG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous