Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Quesada or Torrevieja?

Quesada or Torrevieja?

Postby stevechester » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:21 pm

Afternoon.

Just a general question really..looking at moving permanently (retiring) to Costa Blanca South.
Quesada looks significantly better than the outer areas of Torrevieja.
Which would you suggest for permanent living?

Cheers

Steve
stevechester

Which part of Spain are you from?: UK

Re: Quesada or Torrevieja?

Postby camionpilot » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:36 pm

Check suma [ community charge] rates to help make a decision ..!!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby marcliff » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Whilst I much prefer Quesada for its infrastructure, the area and the (majority) of builds, some of the outlying areas of Torrevieja have one thing we are definitely short of here. A bus.
One or two buses a day to Torrevieja from here and they don't seem to match up when you want to come back. About 4 or 5 buses to Guardamar a day and, again, don't seem to join up with return times.
San Luis, La Siesta, Los Altos, La Mata and others do have good bus services including easy, joined up links to and from the airport. And bus stops which are few and far between in Quesada.
It's a shame because we have so many different supermarkets, bars, restaurants, a bowling alley, a water park, a mini golf and proper golf course, shops and other amenities and it's pretty much an all year round town unlike some other places which, I'm sure, have tumbleweeds rolling down the streets in the winter.
Just a good, public transport system would immeasurably improve it.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:28 pm

I live in Torrevieja, not too far from the sports centres, I can get a bus to the town, hospital, doctors, I have supermarkets and restaurants all around and I can easily walk to the beach, town centre and Haberneras. The only places I know of in Quesada have the larger villas and more space. But I notice in the winter it's fairly empty, lots of empty houses? I live amongst a lot of Spanish who live and work here so it's fairly occupied. Depends what you want. A good idea would be to rent for a while and see for yourself.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby daz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:10 pm

In my view generally the nearer the coast u get the more condensed the housing and the greater amount of properties are buy to let for tourists use. So the nearer the beach, the less personal space, less chance to even get your own car in your own drive never mind the street outside it, and less likelihood of owner occupiers, with an increase in tourists just out for their own fun, some of it loud drunken fun too. if you want hustle and bustle and noisy action, you can always go find it, but if you buy to live amongst it, you are at its mercy only ever getting peace and quiet when the seasons let you. What you gain in one respect, means you lose out on another.
We are 10 miles in land (18km) , and have found a peaceful complex called entre naranjos, that also has bars and restaurants within walking distances. We can always go to the beach when we want to. One bit of advice please don’t use the agent that occupies a wooden hut, I can’t expalin here, no matter how diligent you are, you will most probably get ripped off. Other than that, it depends on what YOU want. Good luck
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Chico Latino » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:26 pm

On whichever you decide, I wish you a very happy retirement.
Chico Latino

Which part of Spain are you from?: Do a Pepa Quesada

Postby Jonb » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:14 pm

Quesada every time for me. I live up above the golf course, it’s quiet yet I can walk into Rojales in a few minutes. Plus there’s all the infrastructure around the golf course.

And 90+% of the people on my street live here full time. A mixture of Spanish, Brits, Dutch, German, French and others.
Jonb

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby stevechester » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:27 am

Many thanks for the responses received thus far.
Must say that I was leaning towards Quesada.

I hope not to be having to rely on buses.
Think my daughters would be happier with the Quesada area.

And thanks to Chico Latino! :text-thankyouyellow:
stevechester

Which part of Spain are you from?: UK

Postby Samantha74 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:34 am

We live in Algorfa on an Urb called Montebello, 3 mins drive quasada, 15 mins to beaches. We retired exactly 1 year ago and loving it :0)) xx
Samantha74

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ian Mobley » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:48 am

Definitely rent for a while before committing to buy what suits one family is hell for another. Why are there so many properties for sale? Often because living the dream isn't the way it turns out
Ian Mobley

Next