Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

FISCAL TAX

FISCAL TAX

Postby Chico Latino » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:49 am

Hi all,

I am looking advice on where may be best to go to get help with sorting my Fiscal Tax (may have another name)

I am a non resident, and I believe this is a yearly tax that is paid on the rateable value of my home in Spain.

I have read through this forum and found a place called SDC in Benijofar, though been there during office hours its been closed. Is there somewhere in Quesada that I could call in to for assistance?

I know that the form 210 needs to be completed, is this something I could do myself? Where do I take it? How do I pay?

All help is very much appreciated.

Thank you
Chico Latino

Which part of Spain are you from?: Do a Pepa Quesada

Re: FISCAL TAX

Postby TonTri » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:21 am

We use spanishtaxforms.co.uk. They charge £29.95 to complete the form for you then they can either pay it at the bank for you for £12 pp or email it to you to pay at the bank. They are excellent at communicating back to you. Check out their website.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chico Latino » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:28 am

TonTri wrote:We use spanishtaxforms.co.uk. They charge £29.95 to complete the form for you then they can either pay it at the bank for you for £12 pp or email it to you to pay at the bank. They are excellent at communicating back to you. Check out their website.

Thank you very much TonTri, will have a look.
Chico Latino

Which part of Spain are you from?: Do a Pepa Quesada

Postby daz » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:00 pm

As a coincidence I am on the same quest. Have visited a suma office for advice recently, they gave me a map with a tax office or ‘tributeria’ office, located in Orihuela. I’ve not searched for it yet, however I am informed they should be able to help me sort it out and bring myself up to date with a payment over the counter. I’m on this mission to save having to join many others who say they pay solicitors an annual fee of approx 100eu for the privilege of making one-off payments such as this. As the cost of Non res tax is approx 42eu every 2 years, it seems expensive to pay a solicitor for this payment.

Anyway, sorry I don’t have a conclusive answer, but maybe some of this helps you. Good luck.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby marcliff » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:32 pm

daz wrote:As a coincidence I am on the same quest. Have visited a suma office for advice recently, they gave me a map with a tax office or ‘tributeria’ office, located in Orihuela. I’ve not searched for it yet, however I am informed they should be able to help me sort it out and bring myself up to date with a payment over the counter. I’m on this mission to save having to join many others who say they pay solicitors an annual fee of approx 100eu for the privilege of making one-off payments such as this. As the cost of Non res tax is approx 42eu every 2 years, it seems expensive to pay a solicitor for this payment.

Anyway, sorry I don’t have a conclusive answer, but maybe some of this helps you. Good luck.

You're getting your taxes mixed up. The "approx 42eu every 2 years" is not your non-resident tax, it is your certificate of non-resident status which is not that much but it is how much your bank will charge you to lodge the non-resident certificate on your behalf every two years.

The non-resident or imputed income tax is payable if you don't rent your property. If you rent your property and pay tax on the income you don't pay the imputed income tax which is a benefit you are deemed to have on owning a second home.

The imputed income tax is paid annually, not every 2 years. This is declared on a Form 210. It is based on the catastral (or rateable) value of your property. The catastral value will be much lower than the actual value and is about two thirds or less of that cost. If you don't pay it, you will be charged interest on how much you owe and a fine which can range from 50 to 150 percent of the amount outstanding.

The tax is 2% of the catastral value of the property or 1.1% if it has been revalued in the past 20 years or so (since 1994). You then pay the income tax rate of 19% on that value.

Let's assume you have a property valued at €200,000. The catastral value (which you can find on your annual council tax bill (IBI) or from your town hall) would be (perhaps) €120,000. It's been revalued in the last 20 years so 120,000 x 1.1% is €1,320. You then pay 19% on that or €250 a year. If two of you own the property you each pay €125 a year.

The different taxes and their confusion is why people pay solicitors or gestors to complete the returns for them.

You can complete the Form 210 on line by clicking this.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby quizziecat » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:28 pm

I used Spanish tax forms this year, excellent service. Because I am in UK and wanted it paid well in advance of the December deadline, emailed the form to my bank and it was all sorted immediately.
quizziecat

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

Postby DTR » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:47 am

I've always recommended Esther at Sgm Abogados in Benijofar. Reasonable price and you know it's done correctly.
DTR

Postby JohnES » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:07 am

If you own a property here but you are none resident for tax purposes you need to pay your annual wealth tax.
I would never go to a solicitor or abagado as they are more expensive. All tax returns are done on-line now so you do not need an accountant to calculate your tax and you do not need to pay more than 30e . I and many others use Elena at Asesoria Benijofar SL who speaks good English..
Last edited by JohnES on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnES

Postby marcliff » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:24 am

JohnES wrote:If you own a property here but you are none resident for tax purposes you need to pay your annual wealth tax.
I would never go to a solicitor or abagado as they are more expensive. All tax returns are done on-line now so you do not need an accountant to calculate your tax and you do not need to pay more than 30e . I and many others use Elana at Asesoria Benijofar SL who speaks good English..

It's not the "wealth tax", it's the imputed income tax for non-residents. The wealth tax (or patrimonio) is a totally different thing and is only payable if you have assets over €700,000 per person and, if you happen to have that amount, it is payable by both residents and non-residents if you own property in Spain.
If you are resident, you also get a €300,000 allowance on your main home so a couple would have to have assets including property of over €2,000,000.
When you start getting up to having that type of assets then the tax rate of 0.2% up to 2.5% probably wouldn't bother you too much.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Shiva » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:26 pm

marcliff wrote: ...so a couple would have to have assets including property of over €2,000,000.
When you start getting up to having that type of assets then the tax rate of 0.2% up to 2.5% probably wouldn't bother you too much.
Yes one of those problems that would be nice to have..
Shiva

Next