Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Aguajest, Changing Owner Details

Aguajest, Changing Owner Details

Postby Calledali » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:00 pm

For 7 years we have been trying to change the name on water bills from the previous owners name to ours. I have written in English, I have written in English wit a Spanish translation, but no success. They take payment from our bank account by direct debit, but cannot respond to our request.
The payments were arranged by our solicitors.
Has anyone any suggestions or do we have to resort to solicitors to sort it out.
Calledali

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Re: Aguajest, Changing Owner Details

Postby Janjan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Go to their office in Rojales and take your Deeds which shows who you bought the property from.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby scubydoo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:49 am

Calledali wrote:For 7 years we have been trying to change the name on water bills from the previous owners name to ours. I have written in English, I have written in English wit a Spanish translation, but no success. They take payment from our bank account by direct debit, but cannot respond to our request.
The payments were arranged by our solicitors.

Has anyone any suggestions or do we have to resort to solicitors to sort it out.

Your Original solicitor should have done this for you I would speak to them! I don't understand why you did not do this earlier that's what you pay them for.
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: Aguajest, Changing Owner Detailss

Postby Ron Hill » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:21 am

when I bought my first water bill was in the name of previous owner. My solicitor told me to go to the water company office in Los Montesinos and pay in cash and they’d change the name at same time it worked!
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Janjan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:46 am

I had to change the name on the water bill when my husband died and the Rojales Office changed it on the Compuer when I was there so I knew it was done. Very easy. Just take proof of ownership.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area