Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Electric Drill. from uk.

Re: Electric Drill. from uk.

Postby camionpilot » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:43 pm

My ups constantly runs between 223to 228volts every day , thus smoothing the current to 220volts . ;)
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Glassfull » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:42 am

marcliff wrote:I have a 25A max in my house in Spain. My power is 5.75Kw according to my bill.
That makes a declared voltage of 230v.
And the fluctuations you will get in voltage (both here and UK) makes not a whit of difference.
Declared voltage in UK is 230v but a tolerance of between +10% and - 6% gives a fluctuation of between approx 210 and 250 volts. There will also be losses in the installation of around 4%.
All equipment now has a voltage range of 220-240 with those tolerances built in so, no, nothing has changed except electrical equipment has been designed to operate within those parameters.
Your voltage will also vary throughout the day so to say UK has 240 v and Spain has 230 v is wrong.
All equipment will work throughout Europe.

However, I gave the short reply in my first answer.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Dave c » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:09 am

Marcliff please don't stop answering questions queries etc I have found your posts so helpful on many a subject.
Many thanks dave
Dave c

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby mondo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:25 am

I don´t mind technical answers. Some will state that something is just so but have no idea as they read it somewhere else.

Giving detailed, in depth answers shows the person understands the issue and is not just a "guesser"

I hope Marcliffe stays as he is one of the best, most valued posters on here...

--but if he goes, well done the critics, you have just lost us one of the most knowledgabe posters..

:twisted:
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby TonTri » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:32 am

mondo wrote:I don´t mind technical answers. Some will state that something is just so but have no idea as they read it somewhere else.

Giving detailed, in depth answers shows the person understands the issue and is not just a "guesser"

--but if he goes, well done the critics, you have just lost us one of the most knowledgabe posters..

Why don't people who don't have anything constructive to add to a poster's question just keep their beaks out . Marcliff is a fountain of knowledge and gives his time freely to help others out, I know cos he's helped me loads of times. We can't afford to lose him from this forum for the sake of a few mindless people who have too much time on their hands.
TonTri

Postby Jan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:48 am

TonTri wrote:
mondo wrote:I don´t mind technical answers. Some will state that something is just so but have no idea as they read it somewhere else.

Why don't people who don't have anything constructive to add to a poster's question just keep their beaks out . Marcliff is a fountain of knowledge and gives his time freely to help others out, I know cos he's helped me loads of times. We can't afford to lose him from this forum for the sake of a few mindless people who have too much time on their hands.

:text-goodpost:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby JohnES » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:42 am

JohnES wrote:You can use your drill and other appliances from the UK as the voltage is almost the same at about 235v AC

I thought that I had chosen my words carefully to answer a simple question but obviously not.

I had said 'about the same' as I know the voltage can vary during the day.

I have just measured the voltage in my house and it is 221v ac not 230v.

It is unfortunate that some of these posts take on a life of their own and away from the original question.
Last edited by JohnES on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JohnES

Please don’t go Marcliff love your iRe: Electric Drill. from

Postby Michael murtagh » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Please stay Marcliff your info is so helpful
Michael murtagh

Which part of Spain are you from?: aqua park quesada

Postby Ireneinveraray » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:01 am

Don’t disappear Marcliff, your input is invaluable in this forum. Most of the answers would be guesswork without you. You’re very much appreciated.
Ireneinveraray

Postby JohnES » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:25 pm

The Mains Voltage in the UK is not the Same as in the Rest of Europe.
This is a quote from a website :-
For many years, mainland western Europe used mains electricity supply rated at nominally 220v ac 50hz. The UK used 240v ac 50hz.
Currently all western European supplies are classified as 230v ac,. In reality there is no 230v ac supply unless you create one locally.

The average voltage in the UK is 242 v ac. I have also measured the voltage in my house which is 221v ac. A difference of 21v ac.
It was ludicrous to say that the voltages are the same.
It is a pity that Marcliff could not admit he was wrong instead of producing that post about variations etc.
There is a website http://WWW.nottinghamac.uk/etc/guide-vo ... sation.php which explains all about the EU standard and the various differences between countries. There are many other websites explaining the difference between the European countries and the UK if you do a Google search on UK mains voltage. None of them say the voltages are the same.
JohnES

PreviousNext