Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Beware

Beware

Postby Planet Janet » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Just wanted to let you all be aware last week while on an evening out I had my iPhone and purse stolen from my handbag.The bag was on my shoulder or on the table the whole time never left unattended,these scumbags are good.Don’t let them spoil you holiday.
Planet Janet

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Beware

Postby Dot » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:27 pm

Can we ask from where ie area.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Planet Janet » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:35 pm

We were in La Taberna in Quesada .It was busy.
Planet Janet

Postby Brightonsuperwomn » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:51 am

Sorry about that and thanks for the post. Happened to me several times in uk but don’t expect it to happen here. Best wishes.
Brightonsuperwomn

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby Janjan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:38 am

It's not common but you need to be sensible as they are looking for easy targets. Also watch your bag, wallets etc in the Markets and Supermarkets. Becomes a way of life.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:20 am

Such a shock to find your ‘phone and purse missing from your handbag, I know what it is like...happened and Rome and In Spain too. Now, as soon as we arrive, I put my wallet away and take only one credit card out and use an old purse.this works well for me because my Wallet is big enough to weigh a handbag down! If you lose the purse, there is only one card to worry about. Last time we were in Spain, my husband finally succumbed to buy a man bag. Olive green denim, 4 zipped compartments, room for iPhone 8, reading glasses, money,car keys etc., initially,he hated the idea of the bag but now he finds it invaluable. Perhaps we ladies should buy one as well instead of carrying a glamorous handbag with all and sundry in it. While on holiday anywhere in the world, take precautions! There are ALWAYS chancers watching and waiting for an opportunity to relieve us of our valuable possessions......make it impossible for them. A messenger bag with a strap across your chest is also a good idea.
My sister was walking around a market many years ago and she suddenly thought her handbag felt lighter...there was no handbag there...only a strap on her shoulder , they had cut the straps while she was busy looking at all those wonderful things that we foolishly buy and actually don’t need.
Be aware, thieves are about.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Spiritsmum » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:18 am

it is a good idea not to put your bag on the table but to keep it with the strap across your chest at all times when in a bar (or outside). There are often thieves around that area because it can be busy.

I gave up lovely big squashy handbags years ago and never take a bag to the market.....sad fact of life but you have to get used to it, like always locking your car doors and only taking your handbag off when you are in and locked in.

We live a different way of life out here!! sadly
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby TonTri » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:30 am

Cargo shorts or trousers are also really useful as they have lots of pockets. When we went to Barcelona I didn't bother with a handbag and kept everything in my trouser pockets as pickpocketing is rife there.
TonTri

Postby Planet Janet » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:54 am

It wasn’t a bag that went across the body and it was never away from me. I will now be getting a small cross body bag with zips.
Planet Janet

Postby Gasplumbman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:11 pm

It is a sad fact of life anywhere now,where's there's enough people to hide the criminals it's not a spanish things it's a world problem,they seem to target an area and move along,simply take care at all times,they will be back,
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Next