Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

How much usually are parking fines?

How much usually are parking fines?

Postby bellydancer » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:31 pm

we parked our car in El Pinet, La Marina on the approach road to the beach, when we returned we had a parking ticket for two hundred euros....dozens of cars along the same stretch all had tickets, there were no visible white or yellow lines, unless they were covered by sand and no no,parking signs either so we are at a loss to know why , the reason given on the ticket is so faint we cannot dicither it.
bellydancer

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: How much usually are parking fines?

Postby suzi wong » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:14 pm

bellydancer wrote:we parked our car in El Pinet, La Marina on the approach road to the beach, when we returned we had a parking ticket for two hundred euros....dozens of cars along the same stretch all had tickets, there were no visible white or yellow lines, unless they were covered by sand and no no,parking signs either so we are at a loss to know why , the reason given on the ticket is so faint we cannot dicither it.

We got one last year in Benijofar in a hire car, was 80 euro but 40 if paid inside a set time,no yellow lines or signage restricting parking. Best bit was, it was a one way street & the car in front of us was parked the wrong way & they didn't get a tcket,nor did anyone else either. As it was a hire car i payed at the bank to save any further hassle later,to add insult the bank charge commission to pay it You live & learn,but 200 sounds a bit steep to me.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby rfh40 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:00 pm

Hmm that doesn’t sound correct to me either...

Think I would pop into local Police station and ask as it could be a scam.

Nothing to lose by asking.

Have a nice day all.
rfh40

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Janjan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:20 pm

Definitely find out if it's genuine? You can't be too careful.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby nigieboy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:35 pm

Think the fine is 20e not 200..check it closely
nigieboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby shirlie anne » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:27 pm

It really depends on the officer at the time and what he decides to give you... i once got a 200e parking ticket for parking on a corner incorrectly in the benimar area... i disputed it but he was adamant that was the fine and that was that.. if i paid within 7 days it was 100e.. theres defo no winning with these guys.. best just pay it and let it be a lesson learned
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby JohnES » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:43 pm

I would try and talk to a Councillor for La Marina first to find out why you have been fined and query the cost.
I do not have any contact details but the main town for La Marina is San Fulgencio.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby bellydancer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:49 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:
bellydancer

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Maid Marion » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:28 pm

I once got a parking fine ... I went straight to the guadia as it was Almoradi ... it was years ago and they said there would be a sign. I went back and it was at the end of the road. So check if there is a sign at each end of the road.
If not I would go as someone said to police/guardia and try to find out why you got a ticket and if it is real.
Again as someone has said ... if it is real apy asap to get a reduced rate.
In fact ... I am sure the reduced rate should also be on the ticket or on the back.
Good luck :)
Maid Marion

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya Nueva

Postby jpeg » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:32 pm

JohnES wrote:I would try and talk to a Councillor for La Marina first to find out why you have been fined and query the cost.
I do not have any contact details but the main town for La Marina is San Fulgencio.

That's the wrong La Marina El Pinet comes under Elche You are referring to La Marina Urb
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Next