Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

return of faulty goods

Re: return of faulty goods

Postby Spiritsmum » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:27 am

we have an email today from the makers....they have told us that we have no recourse...they are insisting that I broke the hob!!! and their guarantee does not cover this. They also say that the shop is correct.....it is our responsibility!!!

I have thanked them but am really not not happy. I would have loved to have filled out the hoja de reclamaciones but I got thrown our of the shop so can't go back and my husband says that we are not doing it...

I have written back to the company insisting that I have not broken the darned thing and saying that I guess these days it is normal for everyone to blame everyone else.
Interpreter not needed thanks speak Spanish thanks everyone for the advice but it seems that people make up their own rules and I need to keep out of jail so am having to swallow this...….not happy and regret every having the darned kitchen fitted
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby SharonSpain » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:51 am

I would be inclined to mention the name of the shop you used; save anyone else having the same unsatisfactory result.
SharonSpain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paulr » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Here's a message my wife posted on the Costa Blanca Forum in respect of a similar complaint about Leroy Merlin. Do go back to the shop and demand an official complaint form - if they refuse to give it to you, call the Policia Local and don't feel you're wasting Police time, they are used to dealing with these sorts of disputes. All retailers and service providers have to give you this form by Law.

"Hi,

Sorry to hear you've had a problem with Leroy Merlin. Have you checked your rights under Spanish Consumer Law? If not, here's a useful link for you:

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/co ... dex_en.htm

In summary, products have to be fit for purpose and include a free, 2-year guarantee. During the guarantee period, the Seller has to provide remedy up to 6 months, as any defect would be considered as existing at the time of sale. After 6 months, it's up to the Consumer to prove that the goods were faulty when purchased: depending on the value of the goods, you may decide that it's not worthwhile.

However, during the 2 year guarantee, it is still the Seller's responsibility to liaise with the manufacturer, so if Leroy Merlin are refusing to do so, your last resort could be to ask them for a Complaint Form. Unfortunately, this won't force them to repair the item, or get you a refund, but the forms do go to Consumer authorities and Sellers can be fined. They are legally obliged to provide you with a Complaint form when requested - I doubt they would refuse, but suggesting that you'll call the Local Police should persuade them. Friends of mine did this when a tile supplier, who had their money for 6 months and still hadn't delivered their tiles, was refusing to give them a refund. They called the Policia Local, who listened to both parties and then told the tile supplier to give my friends their money back.

Here's a link to how to complete the complaint form:

http://moneysaverspain.com/official-com ... orm-spain/

Hopefully, you'll be able to persuade Leroy Merlin to rectify this problem for you, even if you have to pay for the repair. Failing that, making a formal complaint may give you some satisfaction.

Good luck!"
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Spiritsmum » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:45 pm

My problem is not with Leroy Merlin it is with Premier Kitchens in Montesinos…..I must point out that the guy has been Ok although they made mistake after mistake including cancelling the order for our oven and then saying we did it...I could go on.

Personally I would love to go back to the shop but I was thrown out for daring to suggest that the rubbish piece of paper that we had doing service as an official receipt was not good enough and I wanted an itemised list...I then got the rolling eyes and blowing of the cheeks and she told me to leave...so we both did.

Customer relation skills.....zero.

and my husband refuses to go and do the libro de reclamaciones.
I am very miserable stuck with a cracked hob...feeling victimised but I guess I am not alone

however the hob is TEKA and I would not recommend them as they are insisting that I have broken the hob....supposed to be a quality company...I will NEVER buy anything from them again but...who good are any of the others??
Spiritsmum

Postby manxmunk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:01 pm

What about claiming on your home insurance, explain everything out to them and see what their response is.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby JohnES » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:31 pm

The procedures are different in Spain regarding faulty goods. If you buy something from a shop you have about 15 days to return it.
If it fails within the warranty period you don't take it back to the shop but to a repair shop with your receipt. The shop that you bought it from should be able to give you the name and address of the authorised repair shop. I think that in your case the kitchen shop is correct in telling you to go back to the manufacturer. The manufacturers are obviously trying to put you off by saying you broke it.
Filling in a complaint form about the kitchen shop would do you no good. I would take a picture of your broken hob with the receipt to the OMIC office in the Rojales town hall and explain to the lady there.
JohnES

Postby Spiritsmum » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:59 pm

house insurance don't want to know. Manufacturer says I broke the hob...I know I didn't but out here it is prove it!!!

cannot go to shop as I am banned and no way do I want the police on me. my husband is going to try and get a proper typed and itemised receipt from Premier Kitchens but he will not get it!! trust me she has already shouted at me three times..anyone who wants to see a picture of the joke that is our factura please pm me..

if you really think MIC will help we will give that a go...thanks so much, life pretty rubbish here at the moment
Spiritsmum

Postby Spiritsmum » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:25 pm

Thanks but since the husband won't do it and if I set foot in the office she would probably fly at me I am afraid I am on a loser....still feeling pretty raw and it didn't help when the manufacturer more or less told me I was a liar and had smashed the hob myself.

Note to everyone, Teka guarantee not worth the paper its written on and beware of premier kitchens.

Thanks for your all your very good advice I will stop ranting now ad close off
Spiritsmum

Postby JohnES » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:41 pm

Spiritsmum wrote:Thanks but since the husband won't do it and if I set foot in the office she would probably fly at me I am afraid I am on a loser....still feeling pretty raw and it didn't help when the manufacturer more or less told me I was a liar and had smashed the hob myself.

Note to everyone, Teka guarantee not worth the paper its written on and beware of premier kitchens.

Thanks for your all your very good advice I will stop ranting now ad close off

I do not understand the bit about setting foot in the office. Are you referring to the OMIC office or the Kitchen shop office.
You do not have to go back to the kitchen shop.
The OMIC office is there to handle customer complaints about goods and services.
Why would she fly at you if you have not yet been to OMIC.
That's why taking a picture of the hob would help your case.
If it was smashed by say something being dropped on it, it should show impact damage .
If it has simply cracked on its own it should have a clean crack
It is obviously difficult for you if hubby doesn't want to pursue it any further.
You have nothing to lose by going to the OMIC office but maybe something to gain.
JohnES

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:46 am

Worst story I have read in ages, what a NIGHTMARE for you.
Take as many photographs as possible, put them on Facebook with your story and name and shame both the supplier and the manufacturer. Their attitude is unacceptable in any country. I would write to the manufacturer again enclosing the photographs and ask them to reconsider their initial decision. There must have been a weakness in the glass for it to crack. I have dropped many things onto my halogen hob and the glass doesn’t break that easily. You and your husband should be enjoying your new kitchen instead of experiencing the horrors you have encountered became of the faulty hob. Do NOT let them get away with this, follow the previous instructions and let the people in authority deal on your behalf.
I am absolutely horrified that the kitchen sales people spoke to you, their customer, in such a way that you are now barred from going into their shop...did they come to your home and examine the broken hob? What sort of a business are they running? Please update us all and do not stop until you receive the service you are entitled to. Good luck.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

PreviousNext