Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

return of faulty goods

Re: return of faulty goods

Postby Spiritsmum » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:00 pm

Thank you...the nightmare goes on actually, we are now a door short and because my husband made a mistake...(could've killed him) and overpaid them by 45 euros they are refusing to give that back.

Also, and you are going to love this, premier Kitchens are demanding payment for the hob...…...which we have already paid for!!

Yes the fitter looked at the hob and said that I had hit it with something as did TEKA wo are refusing to have anything more to say, they say I must claim on the house insurance...sorry I guess I am repeating myself, its gets to me so much.

I really believe that this hob is faulty, the glass should be strong, the bit that is splintered is really nasty and could cut a finger.

I cannot enjoy the kitchen but I am telling as many people my story as I can because I don't want anyone else to have a nightmare like we have.
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby SharonSpain » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:04 pm

If it's unusable I'd give them the bloody hob back! Is the cost of the hob on your "receipt"?
SharonSpain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Spiritsmum » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:53 pm

yes it is but the price is incorrect as it does not tally with the Premier Kitchen hob receipt!!! that costs the hob at 154 euros and the 'item' price on her receipt says 215 euros. However, they are saying we must pay for it!!! and we already have.....according to her 'receipt' so why should I give it back because then we will have no hob and we are still out of pocket, thing is, their excuse for a receipt does not itemize things correctly and she flatly refused to give me a proper typewritten receipt for the kitchen furniture and only her own receipts for the white goods, dishwasher and hob because I practically dragged them out of her, this is where the trouble started, she likes to be totally in control and we are not allowed to have anything. You really could not make this up!!! sorry I guess I am confusing you so sorry, it is driving me nuts!
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby SharonSpain » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:48 pm

Sounds like you might need to speak to a solicitor. From what you've said they seem to be trying to "hide" sales of white goods. Not surprised it's driving you nuts, it would me too!
SharonSpain

Postby Mac3blade » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:27 am

Goodness me, it gets worse.
Having watched FAKE BRITAIN everyday, it seems possible that your Teko hob could be a fake. You describe the hob as “ cracked, splintered and peeling away”. This does not sound normal. I always thought that the glass used on a hob was a laminate which could crack but surely ,not splinter.
Ask TEKO to come and examine it, send them a recorded delivery letter with your photograph in it. Is Teko a spanish company?
The kitchen company seem suspect too....I would definitely take this further. I think Carrefour stock Teko goods, check to see if they sell hobs and see what price they have them on sale.
Who recommended this kitchen company to you? Why are you being asked to pay Premier Kitchens for the hob when you are holding a receipt for everything including the installation?
As HAMLET said “SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN THE STATE IF DENMARK”. Well, something is rotten in the company you chose to provide you with a new kitchen. NO reputable company would allow their good name to be sullied over a small incident such as your hob. Any reputable firm would have immediately replaced the damaged hob and apologised profusely...indeed, they should refuse to supply ant Teko goods to further clients based on this experience.
Go onto Google and search TEKO HOBS, look for reviews and leave yours.
If I were in your shoes, I would NOT stop here. Next stop, Local free newspapers....you may wish to tell the female in the shop that this is what you plan to do and give her another chance to replace the hob and the door....I wouldn’t. I would give my story to the papers and let all unsuspecting people know what sort of service they too would get if they buy a kitchen from those incompetents .
Good luck.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Mac3blade » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:45 am

Sorry, your hob must be TEKA and not Teko as above.
I googled and read several awful reviews for Teka although I know nothing personally about them,so cannot add to that.
You say that you speak Spanish, why don’t you call at one of their technical service agents in a Torrevieja and speak with them ( bring pictures). Address is on google, 2 places given.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby JohnES » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Most decent companies would give you a 'presupuesto' which is a price quotation for all the goods you have asked for, the amount of labour being charged and the IVA which has been added. Once you have agreed that this is correct you arrange for them to be fitted.
Once the work has been completed and you are satisfied, they will then convert this presupuesto into your final invoice.
From what you have said they did not do this. You going back later and requesting this from them is a problem for them.
Some companies do not declare all jobs done for tax reasons. Obviously I am not saying that this has happened in this case.

Go to the OMIC office, you know it makes sense.
PS. see PM
Last edited by JohnES on Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnES

Postby neil_hamilton1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Surely hobs are not that expensive!
An opportunity for another kitchen company to step in and rectify - what great kudos and advertising for them.
neil_hamilton1

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesa, Quesada

Postby JohnES » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:15 pm

I have just had another thought about your hob. It may have cracked due to bad installation.
It seems highly unlikely that experienced kitchen fitters would get it wrong but it seems to fit your problem.
The reaction that you describe from the manufacturers would suggest that they do not get claims for them cracking.
The top of the hob should sit on the flat surface of the worktop and then if it is like mine it is clamped to the worktop from underneath.
If there is anything that has got between the surfaces this could cause it to crack when tightened or if it has been over tightened.
If it has not been disturbed since it cracked you need someone to check for this problem.
Obviously asking the installers to check for this would not be a good idea. A friend or neighbour would not be convincing either.
You need someone who is in the trade who could independently check it.
JohnES

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Voice your concern on their Facebook page ?
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

PreviousNext