Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

return of faulty goods

Re: return of faulty goods

Postby Spiritsmum » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:21 pm

w are preparing documents to go for the hoja de reclamacciones my husband is going tomorrow with a witness as I cannot enter the shop and he will go for the policia locale if he gets no satisfaction. He has sent the woman an email detailing his requirements and that if he hears nothing my midday tomorrow this is what he will be doing.

I am thinking to get in a qualified electrician to check the work. We are having sleepless nights over this.

Yes I have thought o putting something on their facebook page but it will be removed pretty sharp I think Also I found a page e other day where you could leave a review and surprisingly after 3 years trading there were none. However I went back to check it again yesterday and it appears to have disappeared.
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby emwood » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:59 pm

As an addition we had MANY problems with HFS KITCHENS now a Playa Flamenco, he refused my wife the " hojas" so she went to the police and they accompanied her to the shop and laid down the law PROBLEM SOLVED and we won as well
emwood

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Spiritsmum » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:14 pm

good news, well we have had a development we received an email this morning to say that the overpayment will be with us next week as it has apparently been paid into our bank account.....we will wait an see, we were going in again on Monday to demand our Hoja but surprise surprise they are on holiday.

We will still demand our fully itemised receipt as we are entitled to and IO would never ever recommend this crowd to anyone.

Got to laugh at anyone stupid enough to refuse the Hoja !!!!!
Spiritsmum

Postby JohnES » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:30 pm

There is an interesting article in the Costa Blanca News today about consumer rights regarding faulty goods.
Apparently the law was changed last year to make the supplier responsible in the first 6 months for putting a problem right by either repairing the goods, exchanging them or giving a refund. The warranty is still for two years but after the first 6 months the onus is on the customer to prove that they are not responsible for the fault. It is worth reading.
JohnES

Postby Spiritsmum » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Thanks for the interesting help that I have received today we went to the OMIC office and spoke to Mariola she is lovely and very helpful and laughed outright when we showed her out receipt!!! She has told us that in no way is it legal and she has now been in contact with Premier requesting what we have asked for a legal receipt. they have until Thursday or she will begin an investigation on this company.

Incredibly the office manager has written to us and has sent the OMIC correspondence to her asesoria and is STILL INSISTING that we won't get anything more.....this woman appears to be above Spanish Law we could not make this up.

if you want a stress free life do NOT buy from this firm
Spiritsmum

Postby DTR » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:59 am

Get your lawyer to draft a Buero Fax that if it's not replaced you will take legal action.
DTR

Postby JohnES » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:15 am

The cost of a lawyer would exceed the cost of a new hob. It is best to let the OMIC office do their job and wait for their reply.
JohnES

Postby Spiritsmum » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:37 am

Yes JohnES you are right, I sadly cannot prove that I did not break the hob!!! but OMIC were so helpful, we are hopeful of a satisfactory result. The hob still functions although looks bad and it cost 200euros so I said to my husband that we will use it until it dies then replace with a much better one.
Watch this space everyone
Spiritsmum

Postby Spiritsmum » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:38 pm

a continuación as they say here, we had the oven taken out to discover if there was a reason for the crack!!!!! oh boy!! not installed correctly no support brackets used , not even level.....and the wiring into the wall for the oven, hob and extractor is terrible, unsafe, no protection, a bit of chocolate block...ok can be acceptable but only if covered with insulating tape and this wasn't. And everything topped up with builders rubble.....my husband phoned the builder and told him to come round and have a look, first he said he would, then he said he would send an electrician....and finally we got a message telling us that we have to go away and leave them alone.
Luckily in writing on a WhatsApp message which is now with our solicitor.

We are heartily sick of everything to do with Premier Kitchens and wish we had never heard of them.....everyone has asked me why on earth we didn't go to a Spanish firm, I am asking myself the same question.
Spiritsmum

Previous