Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

return of faulty goods

return of faulty goods

Postby Spiritsmum » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:34 am

Hi Guys

We have bought a hob as part of a kitchen installation and were given a bill of sale by the kitchen fitters.

Yesterday morning I came down and found that there was a crack in the hob and the surface is peeling away.

We have spoken to the supplier (not the maker as we were told first point of call is the kitchen shop) They have informed us that we must deal with the makers ourselves and it is not their responsibility. This is inspite of the manufacturers telling her that she must deal with a replacement.

What I am after if possible is a link that I can follow to a Spanish sale of goods act or similar because we have always been told that we have up to three weeks to deal with the supplier and thereafter we have to deal with manufacturers.

We have hit a brick wall.

grateful for any help
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Re: return of faulty goods

Postby Glassfull » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Wouldn’t your first port of call be to the kitchen installation company?
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Spiritsmum » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Hi Glassfull oh yes you are sooooo right, the woman has said (in spite of having been told by the manufacturer that it was down to them as the company) that WE are the ones that have to deal with it and this morning I was thrown out of the shop for DARING to suggest that we were entitled to their help....so yes we need advice
Spiritsmum

Postby Glassfull » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:37 pm

Sorry, by ‘supplier’ I thought you meant the item’s vendor, a third party, rather than the installation company itself.
Glassfull

Postby Elaine809 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:52 pm

Just googled consumer law in Spain there’s loads of links to look at, hope that helps
Elaine809

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa, Quesada

Postby Glassfull » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Glassfull

Postby Spiritsmum » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:17 pm

thank you
Spiritsmum

Postby SharonSpain » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:29 pm

Every store must have an official complaints book (“Hoja de Reclamaciones) . If you don't speak Spanish it would be a good idea to take a translator with you.
SharonSpain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby JohnES » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:59 pm

It should be the supplier of the hob to replace it for you. However you do not say how long it is between the kitchen being fitted and you finding the crack. There is a consumer association office (OMIC) in the Ayuntamiento in Rojales who will be able to advise you.
The woman in there speaks only Spanish so you would need a translator unless your Spanish is good. You are right in the middle of the holiday period also.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby ros4111 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 pm

The law say that the vendor covers the garanty. With home appliances usually the manufacturer would cover the garanty directly but in case you dont want to call the manufacturer the vendor should manage the garanty (the vendor would call the manufacturer and the manufacturer would cover it without you contacting them).
Another point is the crack, the manufacturer will not cover it because it is a installation problem so dont complain to them, complain to the company that made the work.

As SharonSpain said if they dont sort that quicky write down a "hoja de reclamaciones" so you can prove that you complained very soon. After write it you get a copy and you need to get the copy in the "oficina de atencion al cliente". Adress:
966 715 001 Malecón de la Encantá, 1 03170 ROJALES [email protected]
ros4111

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Next