Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car Insurance Renewal

Car Insurance Renewal

Postby Titch » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:30 pm

1. when is the best time to get new car insurance quotes? 2. What length of time do you need to allow for your current insurer to cancel your policy if you get a cheaper quote? 3. Finally, is there a price comparison site for car insurance here in Spain? Last year my current insurer wouldn't give me a renewal quote til just before renewal - which didn't allow time for me to cancel for a cheaper company.
Titch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Car Insurance Renewal

Postby jpeg » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:34 pm

By law you need to give your insurance company 1 month notice of cancellation make sure you cancel the direct debit at the bank as they will try to take the money
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby TonTri » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:46 pm

Rastreator.com is a Spanish comparison website.
TonTri

Postby GA Insurances » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:54 pm

Hello Julia,

Since January 1st 2016, spanish insurance law 20/2015 has established the cancellation period to latest ONE month before renewal (before two months). The official way to cancel the insurance would be by burofax (at any post office) or registered letter with copy of policyholder's passport by keeping the proof-slip

If payment is done by direct debit, it woud be advisable to stop this at the bank too.

We can help you with a quote as comparison if you would like, please feel free to contact.

Saludos,

Alfonso - Gran Alacant Insurances
Gran Alacant Insurances
Tel. (0034) 966 390 830 - Mobile (0034) 637 307 930
Email: [email protected]
GA Insurances

Which part of Spain are you from?: Santa Pola

Postby Titch » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:34 pm

Thank you. Very helpful. Need to renew in October this year.
Titch

Postby JohnES » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:13 pm

You could phone Linea Directa and get a quote over the phone and compare it with others. They were set up by Direct Line and the operators speak English. There is also Right Move brokers in Quesada and Ibex insurance and Liberty Seguros so there are plenty of insurance companies here in Quesada.
JohnES

Postby Titch » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:28 pm

Thank you all. I’ve been with Linia Directa for some years and very good service. It’s just that last year was very expensive although I tried to get the quote down. My car isn’t worth as much as the policy cost! Haha. I’ll try some brokers in the town for quotes to compare. Just wanted to know how long beforehand I need to look for new offers and maybe cancel current policy. Very helpful advice
Titch