Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

DELICIAS COFFEE SHOP QUESADA

DELICIAS COFFEE SHOP QUESADA

Postby willemite » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:05 pm

Hello, I was somewhat taken back when it came time to pay our bill at Delicias Coffee Shop. I ordered the special coffee and croissant but also wanted butter and jam, the manageress said “that would cost extra” which I accepted. My husband had coffee and muffin. When he paid she said I would have to pay the normal price as the special was only for coffee/croissant. My husband had the money out immediately and paid leaving a balance of 60c as a tip. I wanted to argue this as it wasn’t what was agreed at the time.
I didn’t cause a fuss as it was busy. I’ve been going there since it opened at least 3 times a week.
I know it’s not expensive but it’s the principle here and now I feel I don’t really want to return there.
Maybe I’m in the wrong and just accept it.
Thanks
willemite

Which part of Spain are you from?: catral

Re: DELICIAS COFFEE SHOP QUESADA

Postby dewicymro » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Sorry to hear you were disappointed, but I have to say that in my opinion Delicias is the best coffee shop in Quesada by a country mile. The coffee is great, the pastries are (all too) delicious and in my experience the staff are friendly and attentive.
dewicymro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby russ2u » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:34 pm

Wake up and smell the coffee! Delicias is definitely the best coffee shop in the area, excellent coffe, fantastic staff and incredible reasonable prices, I wouldn’t go anywhere else! I am sure that your problem today was a simple misunderstanding, don’t give up on them, I go several times a week and would go more if my dentist would allow. Only negative is their pastries are too good! Really not good for my waistline lol.
russ2u

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:36 pm

If u didn't have the special as it was and added to it, pay for it. It's a business. I wouldn't stop going there because they did what was right.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby willemite » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks for FB
Yes we did pay but as I said the manageress said as i ordered that I would have to pay for the butter and jam which I agreed to. Then she changed her mind when we finished and I paid the full price for the coffee and croissant 3.30 instead of 1.50. It’s not the cost but the principal. Still I’ve learnt something, pay immediately then nothing can be changed.
willemite

Which part of Spain are you from?: catral

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:18 pm

I can stew for weeks after something like that but it's not worth it. Life's too short.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Chico Latino » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:50 am

In my opinion, you should have been charged what was advertised. In your case that would have been 1.50 for the offer, plus the extra cost of the butter and jam (0.50c maybe?)
I fully understand what you are saying, and that would bug the life out of me. However, I would not let it put me off returning. In fact, I would go back and order the same thing again and see what the next assistant charges. :D
Chico Latino

Which part of Spain are you from?: Do a Pepa Quesada

Postby tillyandbailey » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:24 am

was wondering where this lovely coffee shop is located in Quesada?
tillyandbailey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa Quesada

Postby Pas » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Sensible idea Chico well done :text-goodpost:
Pas

Postby Jan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:56 pm

tillyandbailey wrote:was wondering where this lovely coffee shop is located in Quesada?

It's in the new Quesada Boulevard.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa